Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ER Doctors

9x21

....you should see how fast a bite from another human will get fired up.

Doesn't even have to be a true 'bite' wound. I've seen lots of infected knuckles that just 'happened to' impact the teeth of 'some dude' who was mouthing off on Saturday night.

" ... honest Doc/officer ... I was just standin' there, mindin' my own business, I wasn't doin' nothin', when 'some dude'* came up and ... (fill in the blank) ...". EVERY ER doc (AND cop) can rattle off a dozen variations of this, and they've heard ALL of them way too many times.

*Cleveland variation: 'these 2 dudes'; West Virginia variation (sorry, Steve) 'some dude with a beer bottle'; you get the picture ....

....you should see how fast a bite from another human will get fired up.

Doesn't even have to be a true 'bite' wound. I've seen lots of infected knuckles that just 'happened to' impact the teeth of 'some dude' who was mouthing off on Saturday night.

" ... honest Doc/officer ... I was just standin' there, mindin' my own business, I wasn't doin' nothin', when 'some dude'* came up and ... (fill in the blank) ...". EVERY ER doc (AND cop) can rattle off a dozen variations of this, and they've heard ALL of them way too many times.

*Cleveland variation: 'these 2 dudes'; West Virginia variation (sorry, Steve) 'some dude with a beer bottle'; you get the picture ....

After 14 years of being in this business, I make it a point to never stand around and mind my own business. After hearing as many stories as I have, it makes me think there is a whole corporation of folks whose sole responsibility is too kick your ass if you do.

A little old lady asked me to "rescue" her cat from a tree.

For future reference there is never a need to get a cat out of a tree.....the evidence is simply the profound lack of cat skeletons in trees :P

BTW, you think a cat bite gets infected quickly....you should see how fast a bite from another human will get fired up.

Yep...15 years ago, while applying cuffs in a pigpile, a shining member of society took a fairish portion of my tricep between his teeth and went to gnawing. There's pain, and then there's THAT pain. I lost a hunk of skin and muscle , and got a nasty infection to boot. He got, well, his just deserts from the other members of the pigpile. I think he has removable food preparers these days. :rolleyes:

As far as cats, I get a bad case of the itchy/scratchys from their claws and teeth. I have no use for another living being in my house that may decide that I look like a scratching post, or it would cease to be a living being. My Dad's cat likes to "play" rough, and I keep him at a distance, as he thinks nothing of digging all 4 paws around your arm and digging in for all he's worth.