Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rudy ImpactX polarized photochromatic grey lenses

scribble

I am wondering if anyone has encountered the same sights that I have since receiving my new Rudy project polarized photochromatic grey lenses. I notice when I am wearing them and look out the side windows of my truck which are tinted the view is rather sycadelic. The sky is purple, blue, green, and red. Vehicles that are painted green, blue, black and other dark colors look very weird.

I've used 'em for about eight months and don't see any visual artifacts other than the occasional "banding" effect that any polarized sunglass lenses tend to cause with certain sorts of window films, etc. No problems with my Bushnell HOLOsight or ATN Ultrasight. Haven't tried 'em with my Tasco Reddot yet.

Edited by BayouSlide

It's due to cross polarization. The light reflecting off the window is polarized, as is the light coming through the lenses. Stress in either will compound the effect to create colors.

Solution: don't wear polarized glasses. It's not a defect in the lenses. It's physics.

I've used 'em for about eight months and don't see any visual artifacts other than the occasional "banding" effect that any polarized sunglass lenses tend to cause with certain sorts of window films, etc. No problems with my Bushnell HOLOsight or ATN Ultrasight. Haven't tried 'em with my Tasco Reddot yet.

If your Tasco has the sunscreen like mine, it's polarized so it has to be turned to the right angle.

If your Tasco has the sunscreen like mine, it's polarized so it has to be turned to the right angle.

I had the Tasco just for a .22 Buckmark Contour URX, but I'm using the ATN on it now. Get to use it in a 4-gun match this Sunday. I'll keep that in mind about the Tasco if I use it later...appreciate the heads up, buddy.