Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

apart from bourbon not being filtered an sour mash whisky can be ,what is the difference? :devil:

coatesy

The only critieria for a spirit to be called "bourbon whiskey" is it must not be more than 160 proof from a fermented mash not less than 51% corn stored at no more than 125 degrees proof in charred new oak containers. If it is stored for 2 or more years it can be called "straight bourbon whiskey" and it has to be made in the USA, not just Kentucky, or Bourbon County.

Also Rye Whiskey must be at lest 51% Rye, therefore not technically a bourbon whiskey.

For those of you who are health conscience, Bourbon Whiskey has zero carbs and only 70 calories per ounce.

Edited by HoMiE

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In order

BULLEIT!!!!! #1

Elijah Craig

Makers Mark

Knob Creek

Old Whiskey River (Yes Willies whiskey)

Wellers

Woodford Reserve.

For when it doesn't matter,

Jim Beam

Henry McKenna

Sorry but if it comes from Tenn, I would rather have ice water, at least it hasn't been through a radiator. :lol:

You have fine taste in bourbon, have you tried Buffalo Trace? If not you would most likely enjoy it. Meigs Co. TN is home of some really good "radiator whiskey", looks just like ice water!

Robin :cheers:

I have a bottle of Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey 102 Proof.

OLD RED EYE bottled by Firewater Bottling Company, Helena, Montana.

Bought it as a lark, but it turned out to be pretty good.

It tasted pretty good when we were camping out during deer season. Dinner was over, dishes washed, gear stowed, firewood cut and stacked and either a nice camp fire going outside or the wood stove in the tent was going good. Cigars were lit and the BS was flowing. Throw in a little ice broken off the water bucket and sip the good stuff out of a coffe mug. Life was good.

You have fine taste in bourbon, have you tried Buffalo Trace? If not you would most likely enjoy it. Meigs Co. TN is home of some really good "radiator whiskey", looks just like ice water!

Robin :cheers:

I have not tried Buffalo Trace but I promise I will. I am open to try bourbon. :lol:

And the other "radiator whiskey" now we are not talking about bourbon.

I think I have have some of that from Tenn. and if I remember correctly it was pretty dang good. :cheers:

We have some of that that is pretty good down here in jawja.