Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accuracy 17 /34

kidd

this maybe a topic covered before, i was wondering about the accuracy of the 34

compaired to the 17 , would there be a big difference. never mind the fact that the

34 has a better sight radius, or 3.5 trigger. just wanted to know the plain jane

comparison in accuracy. i currently have a 17 and am debating if there is enough

difference, for me to get a 34 for production .

thank you.

I have and shoot both. There is not enough advantage to go buy the 34 if you already have the 17. If your 17, doesn't have a 3.5#connector already; buy one they are about $20. When I shoot my 17 I also use an extended mag release, those are about $3.

SAVE YOUR MONEY. The 34 is nice if you are just starting, but if you already have the 17 don't waste your money to buy one.

Seth

I also have both.

From a pure accuracy view there is no difference.

Putting that accuracy on the target in a USPSA event is a function of many other things. The 34 feels better to me, but some say the 17 has a snappier feel. "Like I'd know that if it hit me!" The 34 has the oversize mag release and the 3.5 connector you'll like as well, but I'm not sure that is a good reason to buy one if you already have the 17. Those parts are pretty cheap anyway , so you could add them to your 17.

The longer sight radius is nice for real precise shots, but I cant remember the USPSA shoot that measured accuracy enough to need the benefit of an additional .750" approx in sight radius. We aint talking 50 yard bullseye where the X ring is about 1.3 inches in diameter.

My 34 gets way more range time than my 17 because I like how it feels in my hand, points etc. It helps that my limited gun is a 35 with the same sights too.

Tom

There certainly isn't enough difference to justify buying a G34.

I am all for a 3.5# connector (and polishing the trigger parts so they move smoothly).

I am all for the extended mag release (factory part).

I am all for good sights (Heinie, Novak's, Bo-mar)

The G17 is more than accurate enough for any game that we shoot...if the shooter does their part. :)

from one 17 owner to another, make the modications mentioned above. if you must have the .75" difference, (i guess some people can't get over size :P ) than just buy the slide and barrel from glock,inc. and save yourself about $200 and maintain your warranty. ;)

Kidd,

If you have the money then go out and buy what you like after all you can’t take it with you. Be advised that if you were to ever compete in a non USPSA IPSC match (World Shoot) the G34 is not acceptable for the Production division from a barrel length (exceeds 5 inches) and trigger pull (DA weight less than 5 pounds).

thanks guys,

i will stick to my good ole' G17 . all i need is to shoot more production class matches

Limited is fun , just needed to change for a while . it makes things a little more

interesting. :rolleyes::rolleyes: