Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for 38 Super Bullets.

revoman

I was using Master Blaster bullets in the 38 super 150 gr round nose sized .357. The bullet mold would have been made by Magma. The bullet had one lube ring and had a more of a pointed round nose.

You can copy and paste the site below and it should bring up the image of the bullet. If anyone knows of anyplace making this bullet, please send me a note.

Thanks

Dean

http://www.magmaengineering.com/images/mol...S140150RNFB.gif

Dean,

Take a look at the Bushwhacker 147 gr LRN which is handled by Powder Valley. Carmoney, Tappe and I are playing with it this winter. It has a really long ogive that is made to order for fast reloads. I weighed out a sample of mine and they average about 148.5 grs. I finally got my Short Colt brass from Starline. Both the bullets and the brass were on backorder so I guess they're popular.

On a separate note, what die do you use to get a crimp on your Short Colts?

Bob.

Take a look at the Bushwhacker 147 gr LRN which is handled by Powder Valley. Carmoney, Tappe and I are playing with it this winter.

Bob, I thought those were 145-gr.??

Now I gotta go weigh them again!!!!

I just weighed out a sample of the Bushwhacker bullets. The box is labeled 145 gr. and they consistently weigh out to and average of 148 gr. so they're pretty close to your Master Blasters.

Bob.

Dean,

Take a look at the Bushwhacker 147 gr LRN which is handled by Powder Valley. Carmoney, Tappe and I are playing with it this winter. It has a really long ogive that is made to order for fast reloads. I weighed out a sample of mine and they average about 148.5 grs. I finally got my Short Colt brass from Starline. Both the bullets and the brass were on backorder so I guess they're popular.

Bob.

9MM Crimp die

Dean,

Bob.

I use the Lee undersized die from EGW for a 38 special for resizing and then I use a 9mm Lee factory crimp die body with a Lee 38 short colt roll crimp insert. I noticed with the undersized resizing die I do not have to crimp as much to keep the bullets from walking out.