Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 35 For L10/limited Question

MBaban

After taking an IPSC class, we shot 3 stages like we were in a real IPSC match. When I was filling my form, I as what my opstions were to maximize shooting the Glock 35 in major. One instructor informed me that I have to shoot production in minor, so I asked whether I could shoot L10 or Limited. He iformed me that I would need high cap for the Limited. By shooting in the Production, it cost me some points, I wld have shot in th L10 or Limited. Is the Glock 35 able to compete in the L10 and Limited? newbie

Hi there!

Production did NOT cost you points - EVERYONE in production is scored on the same scale :)

Yes, your G35 can be used Limited 10 and Limited both. They are basically the same as far as gun requirements, with the difference being in Limited 10, you can only load 10 rounds in the mags.

As a matter of fact, I have a friend that won a major match in C Class Open with his G35 - go figure!

So basically, it's all up to you!

I'd only add that if you choose to compete in Limited, you may want to get some pre-ban mags and mag extensions depending on where you live. The G35 can hold 20 + 1 with the Arredondo Extension. Or you can play with ten rounders but you really got to practice the reloads if you're gonna shoot limited with those....

Thanks for th reply, I'm doing the 4 qualifiers this weekend, so I will compete in the L10. Now that I have read the rules. newbie :)

Welcome to the sport!

As the others have indicated, you don't really lose anything by shooting your G35 in Production Division because everyone is scored as minor power factor, regardless of their actual caliber or power factor. The only disadvantage would be that some of the others might be shooting guns with slightly less perceived recoil.

If I were you, I'd go with Production, especially if you're going to use carry-type holster and mag pouches.

Good luck and remember to keep your gun point downrange no matter what else happens! :)

Safariland 007, 771 mag holders, belt. (i think those are the part #'s)

G35 w/Heinie slantpro rear, Dawson precision front .125, KKM barrel, Wolff guide rod, Wolff 15# spring, Vanek Trigger 1 1/4#, JP magwell, and liberal amounts of grip tape.

Use Factory Glock 3rd gen mags with Taylor Freelance +5's, and plain ole 3rd Gen mags.

As Jake said, you should always see where your gun shoots at all distances you plan to shoot. For instance, I know exactly where this gun shoots out to 50 yards, which is max for USPSA. I shoot a 200 gr load at 169pf and it hits about an 1" low at 50, so does my 180gr 140pf load. 1" is not enough to worry about. I just shoot where the sights are pointed at any distance for USPSA, and it don't get much easier than that!

And these sights are fixed, so I do not have to worry about the sight moving around on me, which the factory one had a habit of doing.