Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Waller's range bag?

Gallow

I've read a number of posts about cheap Midway bags and the hi-quality Shooter's Choice bags, plus a few others. What ever happened to the Waller's Range Bag? I used one hard from 1990-1998 and it was still going strong. I left it out in the barn in the winter of '98-99, and assorted varmints ate enough of it that I can's use it, but I wonder why no one mentions it in range bag discussions. Did they change quality? Fail to support shooting sports? I have to get a replacement, or can I use one of those brown tool bags that have several compartments, and wrench loops that work fine for mags? I read that a ziplock bag is questionable as a range bag, on the grounds that it isn't a shooting bag. Neither is the tool bag. Is this a problem? If I sew my club patch, USPSA patch, and my Second Chance patches to it, would it be a presumptive range bag? (several questions there--sorry)

Waller & Sons is still there....a little pricey but still I'm sure a good quality bag. I've got a Green Mountain Sports bag and you don't hear about them much either. It certainly seems that sometimes this forum has a tendency to push one gunsmith, one shooting bag, etc. when there are actually many options. Dare to be different.

A Waller was my first range bag and I still have it, now dedicated to my chrono. I think it's too pricey for the features (or lack thereof) it offers. There are many good range bags out there and only you can decide which one fit your needs better.

I still use my 1998 Buchanan Bag Works. Can't seem to put it away.

I've had several range bags over the years and found most were way to big for my taste. I bought a Craftsman tool bag last year and its by far my favorite so far. 30 bucks and a few well placed gun patches, you would never know the difference!

ccL

If it makes a difference, I've never seen a Waller bag on a prize table. I've seen a ton of Shooter's Connection loot on the prize table.

I've been looking at a lot of different bags - I have a 511 bag which I like but can't use the shoulder strap because the tabs are pulling out. They don't run all the way around - BIG MISTAKE!

I ended up talking to Chuck and ordered one from SHOOTERS CONNECTION. Yeah! :cheers:

FWIW Chuck was very easy to talk to. Thanks Man.

I'm also looking for a Revolver specific bag. I-Shot don't have them listed and Chuck was unable to help me. Any help will be appreciated.

Edited by RePete

We do push quality products from the people that support the sport. :surprise: I don't have a problem with someone buying a cheap bag from someone else, but when asked I will always refer people to a quality product from, a fellow shooter, and supporter of the sport, before anything else. ;)

Edited by JThompson