Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Icore Gun

Hey Guys,

I've been loitering for quite some time but have not jumped in. I mostly shoot IDPA. I want to start shooting revo more. Randy is working on a 625 for me. I want to shoot USPSA and ICORE. I would like an eight shooter for ICORE. I don't know the divisions and can't seem to find that info on the ICORE site. The 627s and 327 M&P are both nice. I amd leaning toward the 327 M&P. I hefted one in a store in San Diego the other day and was impressed. Plus I do like the way it looks. Help me do the right thing guys.

Thanks

Kelso

Um.. the only divisions for ICORE are limited and open.. there are sub divisions like 6 shooter, IDPA, Lady, Junior, Single action, and um.. snubby I think.. I tend to shoot a 627 - 8 shot in the local ICORE matches but usually defer to my 610 for the IRC since I can shoot it more accurately on the standards than I can my 5" 627. Most people shoot a 627 in either limited or open configuration.

Not if the ICORE "6-round neutral" stage design rules are followed

This is true if you don't miss. Revolver shooters don't miss, right? :P:D

I know I do! That is why I bought a 7 shooter! :) The 686+ is cheaper than the 8 shot guns but you have to get it cut for moonclips which does add to the cost. I haven't been shooting ICORE for long but when I finish a stage I usually pick up a bunch of clips with one bullet left in them.

-ld

Thanks for the response guys. I want to shoot the IRC in June so I want to be shooting alot between now and then, I don't need hassles. And I don't want to buy just because I think the 327 looks cool.

I really like this forum. Lots of enthusiasm and support. One other question. Does the 8 shot revolver have a place in USPSA?

Thanks again, Sarge, Carmoney, Walt, TM. :cheers:

Kelso

Yes, the 8 shot does have a spot in uspsa. You will shoot in production.

You WILL have a good time.

If you can remember to reload every 6 shots you can shoot in revolver...

...but my 7th shot indicator goes off quite often on my 625 so I know I would be bumped into Open quite often. :rolleyes:

Middleman, who posts here gave the sku# for a Pro series 627 which is a production run 8 shot rather than a PC gun. I haven't seen it yet, but I know it exists. I like having 8 rounds for ICORE because I'm accuracy impaired. That said, Mike proved that a six shot 625 in front of a skilled operator is more than competitive at the IRC.

Not if the ICORE "6-round neutral" stage design rules are followed

This is true if you don't miss. Revolver shooters don't miss, right? :P:D

I know I do! That is why I bought a 7 shooter! :) The 686+ is cheaper than the 8 shot guns but you have to get it cut for moonclips which does add to the cost. I haven't been shooting ICORE for long but when I finish a stage I usually pick up a bunch of clips with one bullet left in them.

-ld

I shoot my 8 Shot in L-10 minor and do well with it. Plus you can leave your moons out in front of your belt.

Having two extra shots in Icore is very nice.

I would buy an 8 Shot.

Thanks

John

I might possibly have an 8 shot for sale that would have you all ready to go for open class.

Tom

Don't fall for it. It'll be one of those odd-ball Left-Handed models... ;)