Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How much would you pay for full course IPSC TRANING?

shooterbenedetto

Just curious...

I have never taken an official class from well known GM's. How different are the techniques that they teach? Don't they all change mags, basically, the same way? Draw, basically, the same way? Move, enter, exit, accuracy and so on.

In other words, wouldnt the biggest difference between them be the way they convey the information, the way they break it down, their ability to teach?

If that is so, wouldnt the most worthy teacher be the one that can teach you best?

I also think that ongoing instruction is sooooo much more important than a weekend course. Someone that you trust and can steer you the right way as you evolve as a shooter.

Just my $.01...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, many execute the same thing differently. For instance if you talk to Robbie about trigger control he may talk about slapping v. Brian trigger control. One guy may perform his reloads with his elbow at his side and the gun is held low, while others may hold it high.

So there are differences is how they actually perform.

I agree that the ones who can convey the information to 'you' is best.

Additionally, having an ongoing relationship is the key to major improvement.

BTW: I think $1500 is way too much. Go look at Manny, Matt, Travis, and Max's prices. Those guys are the gold standard as far as I am concerned.