Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Letter I sent to my Area Director

zhunter

The crew makes or breaks a match...that is very true. But without a range, having the world's best crew gets you nowhere. These two factors are mutually dependent and this dependency is what makes the number of available venues so very small.

Now factor in Board's populated by good old boys that figure that running with a gun is dangerous, drawing a loaded gun is dangerous, shooting at steel targets is dangerous, firing more than 1 round a minute is dangerous, etc. and your venues are reduced even further.

Now let's toss in a good measure of political intrigue/discontent and we are down to the current paltry lists of venues.

I am part of a crew that does a Level II and we have had our share of all of these difficulties and this was why there was no 2007 edition of the match. I know where Chuck et al are coming from all too well. :wacko:

Have you noticed that a clubs BOD that thinks that way, wants to limit or stop you from having that kind of match is the same bod that loves all the money coming in from the match.

Getting back on target though, The venues are there and obviouysly will accomadate the match or we wouldnt plan it every year. The fact one hasnt been picked and announced by now is the rub. Most of the sectionas and areas can announce within 30 days of the completion of the match when the next one is held and where. This isnt a magical routine. It just needs to be done.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree, schedule further in advance. We don't need more rules, lets just do it. I've never seen a National event not scheduled further out so all can plan and try to get the time off. We probably will have an even better turnout.