Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open blaster

rtr

How are transitions to the left? Any problems with the C-More body getting in the way of what you want to see?

Nice setup. I love the sight picture!

With boths eyes open it's not an issue. Take two fingers and put them out at arms length... is there anything you can't see past your fingers? There is a little less light coming back because part of the image is hitting one eye and the rest is on the other. This gives you a slight shadow where your binocular vision/brain fills in the slight gap between what your left and right eyes see. After some time with the mount you no longer even notice it. The only time where it seems to be even a little bit of a factor is in very very low light situations. We had a dark stage at IL sectional, for those that shot it you know, it was so dark iron sighters couldn't see.... then it becomes an issue. You can see/simulate this by putting those fingers out again and then squint until you have very little light coming in... you will notice that the fingers become a lot less transparent. ;)

This should answer your questions on transitions.

Jim

Edited by JThompson

If one could reverse the screw in the C-More to adjust from the left side as opposed to the right side, this would be 100% the only mount.

That's what I had done to my cmore by Derek at Millenium Custom, he charged me like $50 with shipping.

If one could reverse the screw in the C-More to adjust from the left side as opposed to the right side, this would be 100% the only mount.

That's what I had done to my cmore by Derek at Millenium Custom, he charged me like $50 with shipping.

I've got so adept I can have the slide off make adjustment and have it back on and right in 10-15 rounds for a minor adjustment. For the major I just index up and then find the dot. I then adjust it until I find the dot right where it should be when index. I shoot and adjust maybe four or five times and I'm there. Usually takes me about 5 mins. When I started with it it took FOREVER! If you're new with it you need to make a card with what movement does what. For instance. If you move the elev up... you get up and to the right. Both adj are capable of moving the sight up and down. LMAO. That takes some 3 dem thinking to get it through your head. You also need to figure out which one you need to use to get there. Most of the time you need to move one half where you need to go and then use the other for the rest. If you move, say the elev all the way to get your height, then when you use the win to get back to center you will move it higher or lower depending on the way you go. It's like anything else... after you spend some time with it you get it down. I can pop a slide and put it back on in record time now. hahah.

I also thought about moving the screws to the other side, but by the time I went through 3-4 dot sizes and my mount, scope and everything coming loose a few times I already had it down, so there was no need. If you have the cash and can do without the C-More for awhile... I'd say save yourself some frustration and have them moved. There was plenty of profanity and wasted ammo until I got it down. I also bored out some more material to make it easier to get an Allen in and made a special screw driver bent at 90deg.

• 1 month later...

I see this is an older thread but let me say that I recently contacted Barry and purchased one of his mounts for my Open Gun. While the C-More was off, I took it apart and moved the controls to the left side. (Not too difficult,,,,,,,,,sure will be easier the next time)!

I love it. It's very natural, makes a clear ejection path and solves some of the parallax issues associated with a higher mount. No down side. (I'm left handed so it's ideal for me and my kind).

Also, Barry is a great guy to deal with.

Thanks Barry,

Mike Steven

Pine Tree Pistol Club

• 4 weeks later...

As far as adjusting the dot on these, Barry sent me an email with a great idea. When you zero hold the pistol so that the C-more is on its "normal" axis. You would be holding the gun semi-gangsta style. That way your adjustments would be more up/down left/right instead of trying to move the dot on a diagonal. This should work at least until you get really close to the final adjustment. I may made some sort of pistol rest that I can rest the mount on at the right angle.

I hope that made sense. I'm not so sure it did to me.......

I see this is an older thread but let me say that I recently contacted Barry and purchased one of his mounts for my Open Gun. While the C-More was off, I took it apart and moved the controls to the left side. (Not too difficult,,,,,,,,,sure will be easier the next time)!

I love it. It's very natural, makes a clear ejection path and solves some of the parallax issues associated with a higher mount. No down side. (I'm left handed so it's ideal for me and my kind).

Also, Barry is a great guy to deal with.

Thanks Barry,

Mike Steven

Pine Tree Pistol Club

Mike,

I look forward to shooting with you. I've been sick the last couple of practice matches, so we haven't met. I'm a friend of Bruces... he might have mentioned me to you.

See you soon

Allright I know I am overthinking this but I believe I have come up with an even better way to zero a pistol with a Barry mount. Rather than shooting gangsta like my last post what you can do is mark an X-Y axis on a target that lines up with the orientation of the C-more. Much easier than holding a gun sideways and your friends won't heckle you nearly as much.