Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help with a Holster for IDPA and IPSC

98sr20ve

Please help me as I am too busy to do a long reading of a bunch of threads (but I have read/searched some). I have a G34 coming my way on Wednesday just before I head out on vacation. I have Friday to go find a holster and a magazine pouch of some sort. I want this to work in IPSC as well as IDPA. I know Blade Tech is good. I didn't like the Fobus I used. I know nothing about the magazine carriers. I just need some names of good holsters for my use. It would seem a Kydex would be the best dual purpose choice. Any comments before I make a mad dash for something on Friday. If I just need to know some names of good holsters so I can go to the Police Supply shop in Denver on Friday and sort out the rest while I browse around with my rulebook.

Edited by 98sr20ve

I've been using stuff from Mike at Talon Tactical for a few years now. His A10 makes a great competition holster for IPSC/IDPA and carrying if you so choose. His site is www.talontactical.com The holsters run $50 and can get brown or black.

Sean

+1 to Mike benedict. He is a a great guy to deal with. I have holsters from him for 6 different guns.

Once I spent extra on one of the name brands only to sell it and order from Mike. His gear is good, his service is good, and order time is about 2 weeks.

Design given above is great for IDPA, USPSA production and Single Stack.

If you're going to shoot IPSC seriously, you might want to consider separate holsters for IPSC and IDPA. I have a Comp-Tac for IDPA and it's great, but I use a Ky-Tac Sooper Hooper for IPSC (not legal for IDPA) and it's noticeably faster. I use Comp-Tac pouches for both.

I've been using stuff from Mike at Talon Tactical for a few years now. His A10 makes a great competition holster for IPSC/IDPA and carrying if you so choose. His site is www.talontactical.com The holsters run $50 and can get brown or black.

Sean

+1 to Mike benedict. He is a a great guy to deal with. I have holsters from him for 6 different guns.

Once I spent extra on one of the name brands only to sell it and order from Mike. His gear is good, his service is good, and order time is about 2 weeks.

Design given above is great for IDPA, USPSA production and Single Stack.