Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Pumpgun?

benelli2

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there is a SUPER Nova where the stock is removeable. Unless you really like the stock on the Nova I'd steer you to the Super Nova.

But I have had a 24" Super Nova on order for the past couple of months. I don't know if Benelli is out of stock of them or the employees of the gunstore are just wankers.

• 2 months later...

I've been using a Benelli Nova tactical pump with the ghost ring rear sight in 3-gun for about 3 years now. The first year I used it stock, 4 +1. I always got my butt handed to me on the shotgun stages. I added a Tac-Star extension tube and now have 7 +1 in the gun. This shotgun has never hung up or, not shot during a match for any reason. I rack that sucker and shoot, reload, rinse and repeat. I can run with some of the semi-auto shooters. I have a buttstock sidesaddle that holds 5 rounds, have 12 additional rounds on my chest rig, and 7 +1 in the gun, for 25 rounds of 12 gauge goodness. I love racking and rolling with my Benelli Nova.

regards,

Luis

i've been running a winchester 1300 defender that i really like, but the stock is a problem for me. maybe one of y'all can help? the synthetic stock has about 1" less drop than my 1100, and it makes me shoot high. anybody know of an aftermarket, or winchester for that matter, stock w/ more drop. the 1100 points great for me, just need the same drop on the 1300. it works real slick, seems to have a shorter pump stroke, and is real light. the buttstock just sux for me......

• 1 month later...
i've been running a winchester 1300 defender that i really like, but the stock is a problem for me. maybe one of y'all can help? the synthetic stock has about 1" less drop than my 1100, and it makes me shoot high. anybody know of an aftermarket, or winchester for that matter, stock w/ more drop. the 1100 points great for me, just need the same drop on the 1300. it works real slick, seems to have a shorter pump stroke, and is real light. the buttstock just sux for me......

This is what I like for a 1300 for competition - $29 youth speedfeed

Pre-shortened speedfeed for $29 - hard to beat.

But I like the way they pump but not the way they load - a Supernova or BPS is in my future.

The 1300 action is the SHNIZNOZ! I've actually fired mine with one hand (yeah, it's light enough to hold up with one hand) and without touching the pump the empty shell ejects and the action fully opens.

I don't do any 3 gunning, as there isn't any around here, but I love my FN Police. It's basically a Winchester 1300 with rifle sights and removable "TacChokes" which are actually just regular 'ol WinChokes. The stock is also covered in their "Dura-Touch" which I like very much. It's just a little "tacky" to the touch. Because of the lightweight receiver, it weighs a full pound less than a Mossberg 500 or an 870, so it swings fast.

I've got a buddy who has an FN SLP (aka SX2) that I was pretty impressed with as well. If I started to 3-gun regularly, that's probably what I'd get.