Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CCF frame and SJC magwell ?

ormondopen

I am dying to know how John (SJC) got his magwell to mate to the frame, I also have a frame and can't get my SJC magwell to adhere to the frame for any length of time. anyone out there have any advice?

I don't know how John does it? :rolleyes:

Try this. Get a piece of paper put it across the magwell opening on the frame. Put the magwell in place. It should start easy. Tap on with a plastic or rubber hammer. Make sure it takes a good whack to seat the well on the frame (add another layer of paper or thicker stock). Trim off the excess with a razor blade or Exacto.

Best regards,

Jim

PS: I use the JP Rifles magwell. Since the CCF frame is dimensionally larger than the Glock frame. I dremelled the frame until I had a tight fit.

I am dying to know how John (SJC) got his magwell to mate to the frame, I also have a frame and can't get my SJC magwell to adhere to the frame for any length of time. anyone out there have any advice?

I don't know how John does it? :rolleyes:

Try this. Get a piece of paper put it across the magwell opening on the frame. Put the magwell in place. It should start easy. Tap on with a plastic or rubber hammer. Make sure it takes a good whack to seat the well on the frame (add another layer of paper or thicker stock). Trim off the excess with a razor blade or Exacto.

Best regards,

Jim

PS: I use the JP Rifles magwell. Since the CCF frame is dimensionally larger than the Glock frame. I dremelled the frame until I had a tight fit.

i did dremel the frame to accept the magwell, i did have to tap (pound) it on and it is an extremely tight fit but after a few hundred rounds it slowly works loose.

I will try the paper fit and see how that works.

I'll chime in here, I ground down my frame to fit a Dawson ICE and got a really tight fit. Then took it off, slathered up some JB Weld and voila!!! It's stayed on for a couple thousand rounds, more than I can say for the "permanently" attached locking block that came out. YMMV

Larry at CCF said use RTV silicone but that along with almost every adhesive I could fine at Lowes has not worked. I have not tried JB weld yet so I will give it a try as well. are you cleaning the frame/magwell with anything before applying the JB?

even better drill and tap the side of the mag well and put 4 set screws two on either side and use some red lock tight.

I machine the frame and the mag well to get them to fit . I guess i will have to look into a prduction run if intrest keeps up.

John

Edited by Mad Scientist

even better drill and tap the side of the mag well and put 4 set screws two on either side and use some red lock tight.

I machine the frame and the mag well to get them to fit . I guess i will have to look into a prduction run if intrest keeps up.

John

john

is that how you mated the magwell to the frame on the gun shown in the CCF frame thread?

if I send you the frame and magwell is this something you can do???

• 3 weeks later...
and now i stop lurking....

i could be way off base, but if the frame and well are similar materials, couldnt you put a few TIG spot welds on it?

Im not sure what that would do to the structure of the metal...heating it up that is.