Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Johnson 3-Gun

Denise,

I have a couple of question so I'll just put them here to show my ignorance, I suppose. I have a cart with gun holders but the guns are muzzle down. Your rules say guns must be carried muzzle up. Is this ok or do I have to leave them off the cart? Also, it says the long guns are carried action open. My shotgun bolt closes really easily. If it is slung, or in the box, or on the cart, it takes the least little bump to drop the bolt. Can I use a chamber flag in place of bolt open? You can close the gun case & hear the bolt drop sometimes. Very not cool. The sound of the bolt closing on a shotgun that you can't see is very intimidating. :surprise:

Anyway, I'm sure looking forward to your match. Thanks for answering sorta dumb questions.

MLM

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A CART?!?!?!!? Man up and carry 'em you wuss. :P;)

Denise,

I have a couple of question so I'll just put them here to show my ignorance, I suppose. I have a cart with gun holders but the guns are muzzle down. Your rules say guns must be carried muzzle up. Is this ok or do I have to leave them off the cart? Also, it says the long guns are carried action open. My shotgun bolt closes really easily. If it is slung, or in the box, or on the cart, it takes the least little bump to drop the bolt. Can I use a chamber flag in place of bolt open? You can close the gun case & hear the bolt drop sometimes. Very not cool. The sound of the bolt closing on a shotgun that you can't see is very intimidating. :surprise:

Anyway, I'm sure looking forward to your match. Thanks for answering sorta dumb questions.

MLM

MLM,

Carrying muzzle up is while in hand. Your cart will be fine.

A chamber flag will be just fine! We just want it to be clear your gun is empty!

Any other questions, just let me know!

We could use a few more shooters. Sign up soon! It really should be a fun match, lots of choices. JJ and I have some fun ideas. We're thinking of having a blind stage to add some zip! We've got some good sponsors and we should have more to give away in the raffles this year, and I think the shooter's bags will be worth the entry! Join us! Pueblo is pretty nice in June! :rolleyes:

Thanks to Sabre and all our sponsors! We're very excited! If anyone wants to join them, let us know!

Contact us at: johnson3gun@earthlink.net

See ya' in June!! :lol:

Denise

Denise, Thanks for your answers. I assumed that would be the case but rules are rules & I try to play in the rules. If you don't have much experience(like me) you gotta ask questions.

It sure seems a blind stage is just asking folks to try to help their friends. If you shoot it, you know it, you tell it. Hard not to. Does that make sense? Obviously it is your match. Do what you think is best.

Jason, :P By the way, the answer is 48, not 42!!!! hahahaha.

Can hardly wait. We are setting up side matches with our pistol matches every month just so I can get some practice with this stuff!

MLM

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone! Just a quick update! We've got a number of shooters. It's going better than last year, but we could still use some more. We're also looking for RO's...and you only think that MGM pays little. RO's get a free match that they can shoot on June 20. They get a FREE t-shirt. They get to work really hard for 2 days. They get free lunches while they're at the range. :surprise:

If you're interested, contact us at johnson3gun@earthlink.net

But, now for the good news! Our sponsors are going really well so far! :cheers:

Sabre Defense is our major match sponsor. We've got Nordic Components, DPMS, Flash Target, R&R Racing and Dillon all returning! Thanks so much for your support. We are also excited to have a number of new sponsors already!!

Welcome to Brownell's, LaRue, Magpul, Point Blank, Truck Vault and Redding! Also...in the midst of all their work for their own match, MGM has generously offered to sponsor us as well! What a great bunch of people! Please support them all as much as possible, because they really do support us! I've seen so many of these sponsors at SOOO many matches! I love generous sponsors! Any one else want to join them? Let us know!

By the way, we've got over $10,000 in prizes already including at least two rifles and MGM targets to be given away in the random drawings!

I think it will be a fun match! JJ's got great designs for our stages, and we've ordered up good weather again! Send in your apps soon! We hope to see you in June!

Edited by Benelli Chick

• 3 weeks later...

Denise,

How are the entries coming? Hope the match fills up so there are more people to laugh at me as I(try to) shoot. :lol: I love a big crowd! :)

I heard there is a big car show or something going on the same weekend so I went ahead & got my hotel rooms booked.

See you guys in June!

MLM

This year, it appears to be a Jehovah's Witness conference. But, there are rooms left. Check out our website.

Johnson 3-Gun

I've gotten a number of applications this week, but we're not full yet. A number of people say they're coming, but I haven't seen their apps yet. We are capping it at 90 shooters, so sign up NOW!! :rolleyes:

Things are going well, stage designs should be up in a few weeks. We'll let you know!

I think you're going to like it!

See you soon!

Denise

• 2 weeks later...

We're working away here and we're excited to announce that we have posted our stages on the website! :roflol:

Johnson 3-Gun Website

We reserve the right to tweek them before you get here! :rolleyes:

The TARGET count is:

Rifle - 70

Shot - 66

Pistol - 50

Slugs - 10

Pistol/Rifle choice - 24

Shotgun/Pistol choice - 31

Total: 251 TARGETS

It's going to be a blast! :D Few more slots, so enter soon! Lot's of great sponsors. You'll be pleased. Already, one out of 5 of you will win a fabulous random drawing for a Sabre Rifle, DPMS Rifle, Nordic 22 stock, Certificates, 3-Gun Cart, MGM targets and other great things!

We look forward to seeing you in June!

Denise and JJ

Edited by Benelli Chick

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update! :roflol:

We've got $10,000 worth of fabulous items for random drawings! Thanks to Sabre, Nordic, LaRue, MGM, Trijicon, Dillon, DPMS, Flash Target, Point Blank, Truck Vault and Redding, so far! :cheers:

The shooter's bags will be very full as well. All together we have over $10,000 for shooter's bags! Thanks to Brownells, Nordic, Magpul, Arredondo, Center of Mass and Grams Engineering! R & R is helping out as well!

It should be a great time! Check out the stages on our website:

Johnson 3-Gun Website

They'll be challenging, but they should be a lot of fun! The same caterer as last year will be at the range with great food including breakfast burritos and biscuits and gravy as well as other great food! The 4-H will be there in force to help reset stages to give all you shooters a chance to relax a little more!

Yes, we have slots left. They're still coming in, so don't wait too long! I need to order trophies!

See you in June! :blush:

Denise and JJ

• 3 weeks later...

Johnson 3-Gun is less than two weeks away! :surprise: We still have a few slots left, but we leave on the 18th, so get them in quick!

Pueblo West Sportsman's Association has made a lot of great changes! It's really looking good. However, still no running water. :( We will have water and shade available on all stages, but Pueblo can be warm in June, so bring lots of fluids and sunscreen.

B&M Catering (Also going by Grandma's Recipe, Inc) will be at the range on both Saturday and Sunday. They make some great breakfast and lunch items! A special thanks to them for feeding the RO's before the match starts!

Check in begins Friday, June 20 at 4pm. Late check-in will be at 6:30am Saturday morning.

Shooter's meeting will be at 7:30am on Saturday, June 21. Shooting starts at 8am!

You should be done shooting by 5 on Saturday and by noon on Sunday! You'll shoot 6 fun-filled stages on Saturday and 3 on Sunday! Thank-you's, awards and random drawings for Fabulous Prizes should start at 1pm Sunday! You must be present to win the random drawings!

Our sponsors have been so generous! :cheers:

Thank-you so much to: Our presenting sponsor Sabre Defence, Nordic Components, Trijicon, DPMS, LaRue Tactical, MGM Targets, Truck Vault, Rugged Gear, Gram's Engineering, Arredondo, Cavalry Arms, R & R Racing, Magpul, Brownell's, Cabella's, Sportsman's Warehouse, Center of Mass, Redding, Sierra, Dave's Metal Works, Dillon Precision, TechWear, PointBlank and Flash Target so far! I think the shooters will be amazed at the great bags everyone gets, and one out of every four of you should win a random drawing!!!

We're working crazily to get ready! Hope to see you all soon! :roflol:

Denise and JJ

Cant wait :surprise:

I guess We should start getting some ammo loaded ...and some guns sighted in :rolleyes:

This is quite the interesting match....I must remember to bring my Brain along :mellow:

Look forward to seeing JJ and Ricochet Rabbit :roflol:

Jim

I'm really looking forward to this match again! Great fun last year. I just can't figure out why Jim says we need a brain for this match. (heavy sarcasm)

Please, Jim, tell me you haven't ruined that beautiful looking receiver by sticking a pink stock on it! :sick:;)

Jim, also be prepared for 4 year old like, constant asking "When are the Firebirds going to be ready? Huh? Huh? When are the Firebirds going to be ready?"

I'm really looking forward to meeting BEnos forum members face to face. How many folks from here on the forums are going to be there?

We just added Burris and Arctic Shooting Supply to our already awesome sponsors!

We now have 26 random drawings including the 2 for the RO's only!

One in every 4 people should get a fabulous prize!!! :cheers:

We've got rifles, a pistol, scopes, gift certificates, targets, gun carts, prints...It's amazing!

Our sponsors are the best!

Sabre Defence, Nordic Components, Trijicon, DPMS, LaRue Tactical, MGM Targets, Truck Vault, Rugged Gear, Gram's Engineering, Arredondo, Cavalry Arms, R & R Racing, Magpul, Brownell's, Cabella's, Sportsman's Warehouse, Center of Mass, Redding, Sierra, Dave's Metal Works, Dillon Precision, TechWear, PointBlank, Flash Target and nor Burris and Arctic!

Hope to see you soon! It's going to be a blast!

Denise

Just cant wait to go :D

Sooo looking forward to this match...Its gonna be a blast!!!

Getting to see old friends...and some new ones :)

Been working on our equipment all day...have not played with our 3gun stuff in WAY too long <_<

Have two new scopes on order...should arrive saturday...couple days of practice and packing....and off we will go :cheers:

Better sign up quick...you DONT want to miss this one :rolleyes:

Jim

....I must remember to bring my Brain along :mellow:

Don't worry about that honey...I'm coming along too! :lol::lol:

Oh wise one, there's a universal truth there! :bow:

But seriously, I've been a little stressed lately and when I read this, I laughed so hard I almost peed myself!

Thanks for the great laugh! :roflol:

See you all soon! I'll expect at least that good a laugh when I see you in person! :lol:

Denise,

You say early registration starts at 4pm on Friday, how late will you be there? I'm not sure what time I'll get there but I would like to register Friday evening, if possible. Plus, I'd like to take a look around a bit.

Thanks,

MLM

The plan is to have registration done by 7pm, but I'll be around. The RO's will be shooting that day, but you can certainly look around and get an idea of ways to make me laugh!

You can't miss me, I'll be the old lady running around like a chicken with her head cut off! :surprise:

Look forward to seeing you all! We'll get you all registered when you get there!

See you soon! :rolleyes:

Denise