Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First Top 5 finish!

NovaShooter

A newbie here wanting to brag a little bit about my match this past weekend at Fredrickburg, VA. I placed 5th in Production out of 27 shooters. I actually won a stage and placed second in two others. On the drive home I felt great and now that I think of it I still do. The best part was my parents came up for the weekend from NC and my dad came to the match with me!!

I started shooting USPSA just this year. I took the new shooters course at Shooters Paradise in Woodbridge, VA last Jan and Feb. and shot in my first match last March. I have met some great guys whom I have also become friends with-Jeff Hoge (organizer of the class), Mig, Mikey Hughes, John Soma and Alan Meek (instructors in the class). These guys are top notch and have helped me out tremendously!!!!! I ask a lot and I mean a lot of questions and they always have the time to answer them. Thank You!!!

Originally I started in this sport because I am an LEO and wanted to become a better shooter. I also wanted to have some fun. I was amazed by how many LEO's DONT shoot USPSA. Then after my first match I realized one reason many dont! Nothing like getting your butt kicked by a dentist, lawyer, computer programmer or anyone else whos job does not require them to be proficient with firearms. The skill level of some of the shooters amazes me every match I compete in. I remember watching Todd Jarret shoot at my first match-JESUS I thought to myself "that guy is smoking fast". Then someone told me who he is and explained his background to me. After the match Mig introduced me to him and he took the time to ask me about my background and give me some tips. What other sport can you compete against National Champions with?

I am amazed how my qual scores have improved at work over the past year. These results are no doubt a result of my USPSA shooting.

I started out with my duty gun-Sig 229 in .357 sig. It took me about 4 matches to make the switch. I ended up with a G35 and Soma sold me a Dillon 550 that has been getting a lot of use in my garage!! During the class Mig kept talking about 3 gun this and 3 gun that. So of course one AR and one shotgun later and my wife is going to kick Migs A@@ when she meets him.

Over the past year I have shot 15 local pistol matches, 5 local 3G matches, Topton rifle match, Summer Blast, VA MD sectional, NC USPSA Championships and I am registered for the FT Benning 3G in December. This is a seriously addicitve sport and I love it!!!!!! I plan on shooting many more next year!!!!!!

Thanks again-Jeff, Mig, Mikey(for answering my endless email questions about reloading and equipment), Big John and Alan.

GET EM GOOD!!!!

Jayson Smith

Originally I started in this sport because I am an LEO and wanted to become a better shooter. I also wanted to have some fun. I was amazed by how many LEO's DONT shoot USPSA. Then after my first match I realized one reason many dont! Nothing like getting your butt kicked by a dentist, lawyer, computer programmer or anyone else whos job does not require them to be proficient with firearms.

GET EM GOOD!!!!

Jayson Smith

Welcome to the passion Jayson!

:cheers:

I appreciate the honesty in your posting, any insight to how some of us civi's can recruit more of LEO crowd to shoot with us? The more in the sport, the better it will be.