Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any M&P aftermarket backstraps?

chp5

I like the large M&P backstrap - but want it without the palmswells. Does anyone make one?

I felt the same. I liked the large backstrap, but didn't like it with the palmswells.

Where would that put a production shooter? I am thinking the 2008 rules will allow for stippling, but I don't know about changing the physical shape ??

I like the large M&P backstrap - but want it without the palmswells. Does anyone make one?

I felt the same. I liked the large backstrap, but didn't like it with the palmswells.

Where would that put a production shooter? I am thinking the 2008 rules will allow for stippling, but I don't know about changing the physical shape ??

you are correct, this would be akin to a grip reduction, and would be not allowed in production even with the stippling.

I play in Limited and L10 with mine, though. :cheers:

you are correct, this would be akin to a grip reduction, and would be not allowed in production even with the stippling.

I play in Limited and L10 with mine, though. :cheers:

But what if the size of the large insert with the palmswells removed is still the same size, or slightly larger than the gun with the smallest factory insert? If it is I don't know how it could be ruled that it constitutes a grip reduction.

But what if the size of the large insert with the palmswells removed is still the same size, or slightly larger than the gun with the smallest factory insert? If it is I don't know how it could be ruled that it constitutes a grip reduction.

Easily --- the reduced size insert doesn't match the size and contour of any of the factory offered inserts, hence, welcome to Open, if discovered during a match.....

Easily --- the reduced size insert doesn't match the size and contour of any of the factory offered inserts, hence, welcome to Open, if discovered during a match.....

Bury it under grip tape?

I didn't realize the stippling will be allowed in Production. Will narrowing a Glock trigger guard be allowed. Probably not, but I'll ask anyway.

Bury it under grip tape?

I could easily hide a grip or palmswell reduction on a glock, XD, or M&P with stippling, just like certain styles of stippling slightly increase the grip size , but Id never do it.

John Amidon told me that the M&P was submitted for production division with a factory offered backstrap. And a factory offered backstrap must be present on the gun, in order to satisfy Production Division rules. We got three choices, small, medium, and large.

If someone is right on the cusp of the medium and large sizes, I would recommend checking out a stippled or grip taped medium backstrap.

I didn't realize the stippling will be allowed in Production. Will narrowing a Glock trigger guard be allowed. Probably not, but I'll ask anyway.

nope, sorry. :cheers:

productionstippling.jpg

I've got a question. Is it possible to shoot production without any of the backstraps attached and just wrap the M&P in grip tape? I must have the smallest hands I can think of because none of the M&P grips work for me.

Edited by bagdrag

I've got a question. Is it possible to shoot production without any of the backstraps attached and just wrap the M&P in grip tape? I must have the smallest hands I can think of because none of the M&P grips work for me.

No; this is another point that Mr. Amidon made clear; a backstrap must be on the gun.

sorry.

I will say that a trigger job if you dont have one already, will move the triggers break point to the further rearward so the small backstrap may accomodate your finger reach a little better.

nope, sorry. :cheers:

productionstippling.jpg

Bummer. I like LTD better anyway :D Less reloads . . .

At $2.50 per backstrap, he blows brownell's dealer prices out of the water.

Heres some of my stippling.

backstraps1.jpg

I just got one from Mike like the one on the far right. It's great!

Mike - can you do one that's Prod legal?

Edited by chp5

Glad you like it;

Im sure you understand that until 2008, no stippling of any kind is allowed in Prod.

After Jan1 2008, as I read the rules, and in the spirit of Mr. Amidon's previous comments on this stippling rule, The only allowable backstraps are those that maintain one of the three factory contours.

So the question for you is; small backstrap; no palm swells, or large backstrap with the arch you like but the width that you dont....:(

• 1 month later...

Running a M and P with the new rules of production. Have some from the pics above, they are awesome. You do great work brother. Keep it up. Ohh I have them all and have been swithching them around.

Pat

Running a M and P with the new rules of production. Have some from the pics above, they are awesome. You do great work brother. Keep it up. Ohh I have them all and have been swithching them around.

Which one seems to be the stickiest?