Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm edge in production

bayouman

Can you take your cz and after drawing the holster rack the slide and then start shooting or that not legal in production?

Why would you want to give up a round of capacity to do that? Not to mention the time required to rack the slide on the clock?

I can rack the slide pretty quick and one rounds down isn't tough to over come with you have 9+1 and have an 8 round array, plus it gets rid of the first shot double action.

You could probably fire first shot double-action faster than you can rack the slide and then take two single action shots, as long as it is a comstock course.

Under the current rules that would appear to be legal -- the way to do it, is another story.....

But, by all means try it.....

Used to be "first shot attempted" had to be tried DA, but I've not read the rules in a while.

I shot a CZ SP01 in Production yesterday in an IPSC match for the first time in about forever. Prior to that, all my IPSC matches for the past several years have been with a <2lb-triggered STI.

I didn't even notice the DA/SA transition when the buzzer went off.. The gun just shoots. In practice it's really noticeable, but after the beep... don't worry about it.

I shot a CZ SP01 in Production yesterday in an IPSC match for the first time in about forever. Prior to that, all my IPSC matches for the past several years have been with a <2lb-triggered STI.

I didn't even notice the DA/SA transition when the buzzer went off.. The gun just shoots. In practice it's really noticeable, but after the beep... don't worry about it.

That's been my experience also.

Get one that's been worked over by Angus or Matt (or someone with equal talent) and the first shot DA is no problem at all.

Can you take your cz and after drawing the holster rack the slide and then start shooting or that not legal in production?

Why would you want to give up a round of capacity to do that? Not to mention the time required to rack the slide on the clock?

I can rack the slide pretty quick and one rounds down isn't tough to over come with you have 9+1 and have an 8 round array, plus it gets rid of the first shot double action.

I believe it would be legal.

However, a better solution would be a good action/trigger job.

The DA first shot should not be so traumatic that you are willing to sacrifice time and ammo to avoid it.

Tony

That's been my experience also.

Get one that's been worked over by Angus or Matt (or someone with equal talent) and the first shot DA is no problem at all.

IMA45DV8 has THE gun to prove this. I've shot it and she is sweet. In single action mode feels like my Limited gun.......