Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 schedule for Area 4 +

I seem to keep running into a block on coming up with a 2008 schedule. I have STC as #1 must do on June 5-8th and the Steel Challenge in August. Double tap or Florida ? not sure Florida Steel ? not sure It looks like Area 4 is not decided.

I think the Florida open Double Tap and the Florida Steel Challenge will have to be a pick and choose of one or two.

F.O. Feb 8th -10th Steel Challenge in Florida March 20th -22nd DT =3-28-08

May 9th -11th Texas Open

Thats all i can find to pick from, going to Florida two times is not to smart on my resources.

Area 4 will no doubt go with the "Traditional" heat-humidity-and-thunderstorm-fest that is the first weekend in June. I'd really prefer they move to a date that takes advantage of the good weather periods in the area, but so far tradition has won out.

I seem to keep running into a block on coming up with a 2008 schedule. I have STC as #1 must do on June 5-8th and the Steel Challenge in August. Double tap or Florida ? not sure Florida Steel ? not sure It looks like Area 4 is not decided.

And apparently the denizens of A4 like it that way, too... <_<

I think the Florida open Double Tap and the Florida Steel Challenge will have to be a pick and choose of one or two.

The Florida Steel Challenge match you already know what to expect, basically. ;)

FL Open is a great match. So is Double Tap - they're sort of complementary opposites, actually. The FL Open tends to test the Diligentia part, and the Double Tap tends to test the Celeritas... ;) If you have to choose between them, Double Tap will be the cheaper match for a Texas resident. I'm doing both, so... ;)

May 9th -11th Texas Open

This promises to be a good match, too.. ;)

The only other potential "local-ish" match you left out is the Space City Challenge. Don't know if I'll make that one this year, or not....

<_< Florida > Accuracy< Double Tap >Speed< I'm much better at Accuracy than I am at speed. So I should shoot the match that I am not good at, That way I spend time and $$ doing something I mite learn at.

Maybe <_< If I promise to go to Area 4 =IF they change the date so as not to conflict with Sportsman's Team Challenge :rolleyes:

conflict =like in years past <less>06 for the area light match.

All-so Jerry M. and Kay both shoot STC = Family event with the kids shooting too. Jimmy Clark brings his young-ones too.

• 2 weeks later...
Any tentative dates for Space City in '08? I'm trying to figure out next year also.

Got the answer already - SCC 2008 will be April 18-20 2008

Where did you find those dates? I can't seem to find them anywhere. This is the one match a year my wife likes to go along. Works great, she goes to the beach, I go shoot so we always try to make this one.

MLM