Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My latest version of Adobe Reader (version 8-something) (and Ver. 8.1.1 is available) allows for selecting and copying out text and placement (via the Clipboard) elsewhere. But I also have Adobe Acrobat (the distiller program for creating and manipulating .pdf documents) and that may help--especially in ALTERING original .pdf documents (not something you can do in Reader, I don't think). But I think Reader is advanced enough to allow text extraction/copying on its own.

Just select some text and wait for a pop-up dialog box to appear with the "copy" option, and go for it. Or you may need to download the latest version of Adobe Reader (free).

I am wondering if there is a way to copy and paste text from a PDF file. I have a newsletter that was sent to me and I would like to share it to the forum.

You have to use the text select tool. It is some times on the tool bar or you can also get to is from Tools. Basic then Select.

You must also remember author can restrict those features when they created the PDF so basically all you could do is open it up and print.

And it doesn't work for image-based PDFs like scans either, but you can do image cut/pastes