Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tripp Widebody S_I mag

splashdown

I got this mag with a used gun I just picked up. It's definitely a Tripp mag (it has the cobra logo on it) and it says Stage III. It's for a widebody S-I in .40 cal.

Anyone got any info on it? Good, bad, or indifferent? I shot a few rounds through it yesterday and it functioned fine.

OK, here's some pics of that mag. It's too long with the pad on it now which is plastic and has a rounded bottom. The mag would fit the gauge with a standard plastic STI basepad on it. Here's a few pics I took just now. Not the best lighting, but the camera batteries are now toast and I can't redo them now.

TrippMag1.jpg

TrippMag2.jpg

TrippMag3.jpg

It has a dull grey color to it, so I believe it is hard crhomed. Who wants it? What's it worth to ya? :P

I just dug out all my mags. I have a hodge-podge set where each mag is different. This Tripp mag looks just like one STI mag I've got that is tuned by Grams, but the Tripp mag is 0.05 inch longer. As I said above, maybe he just worked on the mag and stamped it. Not sure what Stage III means. That's why I asked if anyone knew more about it.

Since the 2011 frame was developed by Tripp Research (before STI was officially formed) and designed by Virgil and Sandy Strayer aren't they all techincally Tripp mags. ;) Splashdown if you call Virgil tomorrow I bet you he could tell you more info about those mags than you are likely to find online.