Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help

LadyinBlue

I'm trying to build a single stack for the WSSC in January and I need new grips on my old gun.

These grips have the wrap-around palm swell for the front strap which my hand is quite familiar with but somehow mine got broken...

At least, that's what my husband said when I saw this set on his gun. <_<

Can anyone identify the manufacturer of these or tell me where I can find some that are similar?

PICT0066resized.jpg

Thanks Neal...I thought it was Safariland but a few too many years have past since I last shot this firearm.

Safariland says they no longer sell grips and this one was supplied by another vendor. (they would not say who)

Anyone know the name of the vendor?

Better hurry before I swipe the ones off of Jim's gun. (they're probably mine anyway...lol)

BTW...this one is a Caspian frame that was discontinued many years ago.

Funny because it looks exactly like my Safari Arms frames. Here is one of them with a Colt Ace kit fitted to it. The triggerguard has the same look to it, that is why I thought it was a SA frame.

Neal in AZ

394049.jpg

Thanks Neal...I thought it was Safariland but a few too many years have past since I last shot this firearm.

Safariland says they no longer sell grips and this one was supplied by another vendor. (they would not say who)

Anyone know the name of the vendor?

Better hurry before I swipe the ones off of Jim's gun. (they're probably mine anyway...lol)

Kings sells something like them and they are probably as close as you will get short of finding someone who has an old set for sale.

Neal in AZ

catalog page with grips

Funny because it looks exactly like my Safari Arms frames. Here is one of them with a Colt Ace kit fitted to it. The triggerguard has the same look to it, that is why I thought it was a SA frame.

Neal in AZ

394049.jpg

Wow, they are identical! They both had to have come from the same foundry.

We actually have 2 of them also...they are a nice frame.

I'll post a photo later.

Look like King's............

DaG

I posted a link to the King's version in post #5

Neal in AZ

Thanks for the link Neal...looks like they have a built-in plunger tube and thumb guard. I wonder if they would fit over a Smith & Alexander mag well...maybe can make it fit. I know a good gunsmith. :)

You are welcome. I wasn't sure if they had the plunger tube built in but since that are plastic (?) I figured they could be modified to eliminate that and use the regular frame mounted one.

Neal in AZ

This is my SS pistol...it is somewhat of a hybrid with a Caspian frame and a Kimber slide.

I would rather use a different slide (Armscor,etc.) but this is all I have and it fits like a glove.

It will require a fiber optic front sight and an adjustable rear sight for my old eyes.

PICT0021resized-1.jpg

PICT0022resized.jpg