Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hoser sight setup

AustinMike

You're right. The reflex sights, like the EOTech, C-More, Trijicon ACOG Reflex are not critical as far as eye position. Eye relief is unlimitted, and there is no parallax. If you can see the reticle anywhere in the sight's field of view, the shot will go where the reticle rests on the target, assuming the thing is properly sighted in.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to follow up and let ya'll know where I ended up. I was leaning toward an Eotech because I love their reticle. Figured I could add a magnifier later if I needed one. Well, I popped into the gun show today and one of the big local AR dealers was selling brand new Meopta 1x4 RD kdot's for $630! Yeah, I drank the Kool-ade and one of them followed me home. Damn you Merlin and Benny, I'm going to be sleeping in the cold tonight because of your bad influence! And I still gotta figure how how to break it to the wife that I need the LaRue mount! Well, at least now I won't ever have to beat myself up thinking I should have got the Meopta from the get-go. Guess I'll have to find me some matches outside of the pistol bays now! :rolleyes: Thanks everyone for their input. Go Team Meopta! :cheers:

$630.00 is a SMOKING deal!!! :cheers:

Lucky Dog....mumble mumble.... :P

It's like I was meant to have it. That's what I'm telling the wife anyway!

BTW, what scope caps/cover are good for these things to replace the floppy rubber ones that it came with? I've got a Larue SPR-E ordered to mount the sucker.

BTW, what scope caps/cover are good for these things to replace the floppy rubber ones that it came with? I've got a Larue SPR-E ordered to mount the sucker.

I use Butler Creek caps, #14 for the eye and I believe #02A for the objective.

ctr.jpg

I never cared for the tacticool flip up scope thingys. For 3-gun scopes i like it simple and not there when you shoot kinda covers. The neoprene "Scopecoat" covers are the ticket for my Meopta. And it covers the whole scope for protection.

I never cared for the tacticool flip up scope thingys. For 3-gun scopes i like it simple and not there when you shoot kinda covers. The neoprene "Scopecoat" covers are the ticket for my Meopta. And it covers the whole scope for protection.

Which size Scopecoat do you use?