Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness Elite Limited questions

hhsmiley

I need a little help. I'm considering the .40 Witness Elite Limited as my new limited gun for IPSC/USPSA. I have always liked the Witness pistols, but never gave them much consideration for competition because of the mag capacity limitations vs. STI or other "widebody" type guns.

Now I see Henning has .40 S&W mags available that hold 21 rds, which makes the Witness a viable option for limited.

I have always understood that the 9mm and .40 Witness pistols were built on the "small frame". I had thought that you would not be able to get that many rounds of .40 into such a gun without having a mag which is longer than 140mm.

So what am I missing? Are the new .40s built on the "large frame"?

Also, I live in Oklahoma City. When I ask the dealers in my area about ordering such a pistol from EAA all I get are strange looks or they say they can't do it.

Anybody got any advice on where to order one of these?

Thanks for any help, and sorry if these are all dumb questions or if they have been asked a million times already.

I've had 21 round magazines available for quite a while, but I just recently created a newer, bigger magazine pad and after modifying the magazine body you can right off the bat reload to 21 rounds. It's with the newest H-141 pad.

Rich has a few Limited's in stock that he has done trigger jobs on so I recommend giving him a call if you're ready to make the gun purchase.

I've had 21 round magazines available for quite a while, but I just recently created a newer, bigger magazine pad and after modifying the magazine body you can right off the bat reload to 21 rounds. It's with the newest H-141 pad.

Rich has a few Limited's in stock that he has done trigger jobs on so I recommend giving him a call if you're ready to make the gun purchase.

In case you don't know who "Rich" is you can find him here: http://www.canyoncreekcustom.com/

• 3 months later...

From personal experience that little spring and plunger is very hard to find once it shoots out :)

You can always trim a coil or 1.5 coils off it and make the mag release a little easier I found it a little hard factory.

leo

I never had good results changing the mag release to the right side, so I could use my trigger finger to press the mag release. I would sometimes press it by accident as I gripped the gun with two hands. ALso the mag follower would sometimes catch on the mag catch.....the follower prevented it from feeding well. It caused nosedives. I learned to use my thumb for mag changes (I used an HK USP for production,..used my trigger finger for mag release)