Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite add on's for G34/35

Trey

I'm getting a used G35 and ordering an 34 upper to shoot IPSC Production/Lim. 10.

What have you found to be beneficial (sights, recoil rod, etc.) to make your 34/35 faster, more accurate, etc?

Thanks for helping the new guy!

Trey,

The G34 and G35 are not approved guns for IPSC Production Division.

If you mean USPSA Production Division, then I believe the G34 and G35 are acceptable, but you should check with USPSA about whether or not you can shoot a hybrid gun (G35 lower, G34 upper),

Hi Nik,

Except that the serial number on the receiver would be different from the slide and barrel!

This is what Police call "a clue" :)

I would urge Trey to be totally forthcoming with the USPSA otherwise he may be accused of cheating,  eventhough that is not his intention.

Thanks for the help.  It is for USPSA.

The rules, as far as I've read,  state nothing about serial #'s matching.  Is it an unwritten rule?  Don't they mix and match with 1911 guns?  

I don't see any mention of the word "illegal" in my post, and you missed my point entirely.

The question was about mixing 'n' matching different model top and lower ends.  I also presume your top end and lower end are both G20.

Different serial numbers, alone, have no bearing on USPSA Production rules and I mentioned that as a "clue" with a smiley face.

USPSA Production Division rules require a minimum of 2,000 of a gun to be made in a year. As far as I know, Glock don't produce any guns with a G35 lower and a G34 upper, nor vice versa.

Also, the G34 and G35 receiver have different part numbers, which indicates they are not directly interchangeable. If nothing else, you need to change the trigger bar assembly because the G34 and G35 have different shape ejectors.

Apart from the technical issues, I continue to stand by my advice to Trey and urge him to contact USPSA for clarification. One email or telephone call won't hurt.

(Edited by Vince Pinto at 10:47 pm on June 18, 2002)

I wasn't advocating that anyone even bend the rules slightly.  I agree that a phone call to USPSA is in order.  I just suggested an argument to maybe persuade the powers that be to allow a switch top gun ---- since I don't see how anyone benefits from this conversion.  However, they'll likely deny it on the theory that it might be an advantage on a different makers guns....

Hi Nik,

The other issue is cost.

Trey's proposed "top end swap" will require a complete slide and barrel assembly, plus the correct trigger bar assembly (to get the correct ejector), plus 9mm magazines to match.

If you compare the price of the above items to the cost of a complete G34, I think the difference would probably justify Trey getting a second gun, especially since he's considering a used G35.

• 1 month later...

Sorry so late, but if you want to shoot production, just download your 35 .40 cal to 125 pf. There is a good thread about this in the Glock forum by Singlestack and CPTY1.