Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet vendors of late...

steel1212

I won't mention any names but I really hate getting the run around. I know it take a couple weeks sometimes to get a bullet order processed but when I place the order and somebody tells me oh the end of the following week we should have it shipped out. Couple weeks go by and I call just to make sure they got shipped. Oh, we are just getting the .45s setup now and will have them to you next week. Ok no problem. I call the next week, same thing, sorry we got a little behind next week. I placed the order a month ago and called tonight and I get, "you placed an order?" I about flipped out. They charged my card a few weeks ago so I figured it was inbound then! They didn't have any .45s in stock but had some 9mm and I told them to give me that and send them. I'll be placing my order with another company from now on. Like I said if you have a month wait fine, tell me it will be a month, don't blow smoke up my.....well you get the point.

yeh I dont understand some companies that think lieing to you and telling you what you want to hear is the way to go, Seriously I generally dont care that much when an item will ship in days or in months, just dont lie to me. Personally if I place an order and it doesnt ship in the time promised I consider it a breach of contract. Vendor better have a dang good reason and there is no way I would ever except another excuse. No way I would have rewarded them by letting them keep my money. Too many good companies out there.

Overpromise, under deliver = Business disaster. Underpromise - over deliver = Business success

Deal with public everyday, I try to do the latter. Maybe that's we are so freeking busy all the time!

I feel for you- I have had similar service with other "reloading" supply places. I would have done as I have done in the past- cancelled my order and wrote the company with the order number and names of people I dealt with. There absolutely no excuse for the dishonestly. That just pisses customers off- I would definitely boycott that company as well.

Ordered bullets from a well-recognized and apparently usually reliable company in mid-July.

No word from company. No bullets.

Several calls from me to company. "Machine down for repairs, taking longer than anticipated ... soon". Same story for several calls over several months.

Bullets came yesterday.

A little periodic communication, a short 'form letter' email, would have been nice.

As above, I don't care if it'll take weeks/months, just be honest. I need to know that in order to make appropriate plans.

Sometimes it's just worth the extra money to go with the more established companies than trying to find a deal. My latest bullet order cost me $120 more than than the cheaper alternative. The cheaper alternative was a 4-6 week wait if I could even get in on this production run. The more expensive option arrived 4 days after I placed my order, worth every penny.

Sometimes it's just worth the extra money to go with the more established companies than trying to find a deal. My latest bullet order cost me $120 more than than the cheaper alternative. The cheaper alternative was a 4-6 week wait if I could even get in on this production run. The more expensive option arrived 4 days after I placed my order, worth every penny.

:cheers: +1