Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cmore dot

Was practicing with my Baby gun last night for the first time, dry fired a little, concentrated on the placement of the dot when the gun was presented. I noticed a little that unlike in Standard Division(a.k.a. Limited Division) the more you focus on the dot the more it got glaring or unfocused. I usually look at the front sight with a little squint(very little so i wouldnt lose visual on my strong side), but it doesn't work on CMore, had a great time last night. will be doing more tonight. Discovering new things.

Closing my eyes before i draw and looking if i got the dot on target when i draw seem to be my excercise towards the end. Trying to see if i got the fundamentals down. So far so good. Hate to "lose" the dot when im at the range to practice or worse at a competition. hehehe :blink:

So found out when i relax my eyes, no squinting or anything, just letting my eye see what its suppose to see without effort. Found out the dot a lot clearer and focused. :wub: That discovery alone made my night. hehehe. I'm new in the Optic zone, anything else i should pay attention to?? :lol:

Edited by sandman_sy

Look right at the target with a dot, nothing else. Look for the perf of the letter A in the center. With a dot you want to always have a target focus, unlike Irons where you really need to see the front sight clearly for anything but a close hoser shot.

Dry fire weak hand and transfers to weak hand, that is where most lose the dot and waste huge amounts of time. Finding the dot won't ever be a problem if you put the dry fire time in.

<_< one thing that crosses over from Clay bird shooting is = Putting your eyes -out at the target- . Try it like this look trough your computer screen at something 2 feet behind it. thin work up to 20 yards behind it. Like when you drive fast, you may see/ look only 10 yards away when your parking when you start driving you look /see farther and farther out. The front of the car stays in the same place, you don't have to look at the fender to see it. BUT when things get tight you are much more 'aware' of the fender coses to the hazard. When the shots get tight your 'awareness' of the dot shifts.

You can train your eyes. When the dot gets to the target =keep your eye steady, =as in don't chase the dot with your eye, it just makes it move more.

But <_< thin I may not know nothing :unsure: cuzz what I need to learn to take more C hits to get move up the ladder, I'm just plain strange