Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extra Long Delivery Times From Hogue?

Heavy Barrel

I ordered a Pau Ferro for my N frame back in April, the dealer quoted me 90-120 days. I checked up on the order and the quote had been extended from the original 90-120 to 210-240 days.

Has any one ever encountered delivery times that far exceed the norm. (Four Months) When ordering Hogue products such as their Exotic Hardwood Grips. Whether from a Hogue dealer or directly from Hogue?

NOTE: In all honesty please keep your responses clean and courteous, you can be objective but keep it clean and courteous. Mods told me they are watching this thread.

I ordered a Pau Ferro for my N frame back in April, the dealer quoted me 90-120 days. I checked up on the order and the quote had been extended from the original 90-120 to 210-240 days.

Has any one ever encountered delivery times that far exceed the norm. (Four Months) When ordering Hogue products such as their Exotic Hardwood Grips. Whether from a Hogue dealer or directly from Hogue?

NOTE: In all honesty please keep your responses clean and courteous, you can be objective but keep it clean and courteous. Mods told me they are watching this thread.

Custom made big butt grips ordered at the IRC (1st weekend in June) shipped and on my revolver by mid July with a phone call from Pat Hogue to let me know they were coming. Call Pat at Hogue and see if he can help with your order.

Edited by revoman

In all fairness to Hogue, they cannot possibly stock all the wood grips they list in their catalogue. I try to keep a small stock of rubber Big Butt and wood Big Butt grips for SW k/L and N frames. I have to order 90+ days in advance to do so.

Throw in checkering and it is worse. They have promissed a better turn around time, but I have not seen it. They will give special attention to you if you want something they stock and you need it right away. Brownells, Dillon, or Midway, they are not. 90 days is what they promise and they have pretty much followed thru with that, in my experience.

Edited by slflr

First, let me say that all my dealings with Hogue have been courteous and professional.

However, eight months for a production grip? My guess is that they ran into problems with their supplier for Pau Ferro. One would expect that they would be up-front with the customer with this, and recommend a different wood as an alternative.

The longest I've waited for custom grips is three months (Craig Spegel).

However, eight months for a production grip? My guess is that they ran into problems with their supplier for Pau Ferro.

Not bashing my dealer nor Hogue here. But that has always been my suspicion. Though neither the dealer nor Hogue would out right admit it.

One would expect that they would be up-front with the customer with this, and recommend a different wood as an alternative.

That is what I have always been taught, be up front and honest with your customers. No matter if your the supplier or the dealer. (unless I was taught wrong)

If there is a Pau Ferro supply issue, and they had spoke up. I would understand the situation they are in.

Have you called Hogue? That would probably straighten all this up without guessing.

Jason

Yes,

I got told in exact words "We do not have an order in the system for you and would recommend you deal directly with the distributor/dealer you ordered from"