Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA LPR Nationals Stage 10

Scott R

Any idea how this stage fits in to the stage design criteria in the current rulebook?

1.2.1.2 “Medium Courses” must not require more than 16 rounds to

complete and no more than 3 shooting locations. Course

design and construction must not require more than 9 scoring

hits from any single location or view, nor allow a competitor

to eliminate a location or view in the course of fire

by shooting all available targets at an earlier location or

view.

Edited to add link to stages http://www.nroi.org/nationals/downloads/stagebinder.pdf

Edited by Scott R

Well, it is sort of hard to say exactly from the book diagram but lets try:

Since the shooting area is shown about the size of the car, once could assume that there is room for more than one shooting position. And, placement of the no-shoots can keep you from getting all 10 rounds off from one position. I am pretty sure it will be a legal stage.

Well, it is sort of hard to say exactly from the book diagram but lets try:

Since the shooting area is shown about the size of the car, once could assume that there is room for more than one shooting position. And, placement of the no-shoots can keep you from getting all 10 rounds off from one position. I am pretty sure it will be a legal stage.

Yea I guess it could be done that way. I never considered it as an option due to the potential scoring issues with shoot throughs that it creates any time you space a no shoot at a distance in front of a shoot target to force shooting positions.

I seem to remember shooting a similar stage in Barry in 2004, I think: You started kneeling by a tire, and some of the targets were placed in such a manner that movement was required. I'd assume that by the time the match starts, the stage will look a little different from the diagram.....

I only see 6 required shots. :P

That's all that are REQUIRED. :cheers:

Good point! It will be fun to see if anybody dumps 20 points and wins the stage!

That would be to dump 60 points, no? 20 for the four Alphas not shot, and another 40 in miss penalties?

fte would kill u