Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tape on Grips @ World Qualifier in Tulsa

EricW

OK, I have to ask because I'm being asked. I'm attaching the two last documents that I know of regarding where grip tape is legal in IPSC. Are these still the current, accepted interpretations? Are there any products on the market that are legal in USPSA that will be deemed illegal in Tulsa?

Please no debate or bickering. I'm ONLY asking because I don't know who will be administering the match. I need to get some folks squared away so that they can go to the match without fear of being bumped into Open.

Once again, PLEASE, no debate or bickering. I just need to hear from those who are administering the match and will be performing the equipment inspections, but I think the results of this discussion need to be public so that EVERYONE walks into the match with the same info.

Thanks!!

Eric

IPSC_GripTape.pdf

post-641-1188574179.jpg

I was there during the Production-to-Open debate at the last one, the rule was anywhere on the grip, but nowhere else. A bit of tape on the trigger guard was the question, but as I recall, tape wrapped around the entire circumference of the grip was not a problem.

Of course, that's my memory.

H.

Eric

Wouldn't posting this in the IPSC Global Village be better?

I don't even want to get into it there. I have a call into USSA and they have graciously committed to contacting John Amidon and will post here when we have an answer. :)

Thanks!

Hello everyone.

Eric, I left a message on your voicemail.

I talked with John Amidon, who will be the rangemaster for our WSQ. He directed me to the following website:

http://www.ipsc.org/pdf/RulesHandgunInterp200706.pdf

I'm thinking that grip tape anywhere but on the grip would be a bad idea.

I'm open to any other quesitons.

Thanks Phil! I won't be in Tulsa but I wish you and everyone at the Nats and the IPSC qualifier the best. Can't wait to visit The Promised Land ... USSA that is. :)

IPSC_GripTapeMax2007.jpg

Edited by EricW

Hello everyone.

Eric, I left a message on your voicemail.

I talked with John Amidon, who will be the rangemaster for our WSQ. He directed me to the following website:

http://www.ipsc.org/pdf/RulesHandgunInterp200706.pdf

I'm thinking that grip tape anywhere but on the grip would be a bad idea.

I'm open to any other quesitons.

Please note that grip includes the front and backstrap, not just where the wood panels are. I caused a little bit of a headache at the Michigan match with my tape on the front and backstraps of CZ's.