Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stupid Gun laws

SA Friday

just set the rig up for the gun and mags. holy crap are reloads, transitions, etc faster with this thing than with the Glock 24. I'm almost scared to shoot it now.... I might not go back to production if I do.

see ya :lol:

running the race limiteds or race opens is a whole new experience..have fun with it..

Hmmm, stu seems a little too happy about this.

Range reports required.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep-kali is rediculous-2 more years till my move up north.

my gunsmith moved to oregon 5 yrs ago for these reasons.

a new law passed the other day requires "microstamping" some tiny id numbers on each firing pin to the le guyz can find out who shot the round. insane. i can see it now, huge run on 3rd party firing pins in kali.

i've just been through the same torture. i hear that i have also been "not dis-approved" and have a new gun waiting. of course, mine is plastic! i see a match in limited in both of our futures...

Dude, if you want to do that, I'll bring my Glock 24 set-up and all the accomidating equip and you can run limited at either the ESPS or the Thurmont match. Just PM me. After shooting the G24 and the Edge at the range together, I think the G24 has softer recoil than the Edge, but the Edge is very very fast, but not as comfortable.

microstamping firing pins? hmmmm, smells like central registry stuff, it's the only way this would work. It would still require a lab techie to testify as to analysis findings. The only way it would assist LE is if the microstamping is cataloged in a central registry controlled by the state DOJ lab in Sacramento (been there, nice facility, they do good work too). Wonder what that equipment will cost manufacturers... Another expense rolled over in gun prices, and if it's not that expensive, then you have issues with microstamping forgeries. Enough of that on the street and the stamping becomes useless in court... I don't see this solving any problems or speeding up gun crime investigative resolution.

The microstamping stuff is the most insane nonsense I have heard of. It was defeated in the assembly last year, but unfortunately old bills never die in CA.

The legislature bought a pipe-dream pushed by a company (based in Washington) called Ravensforge, which is, coinceidentally, the ONLY provider of the microstamping technology to make this "possible." Ravensforge has said they will license the technology to other companies.

Anyone with sense knows that the mechanism would be easily defeated, but the grabbers are claiming that the stamping surfaces are "nearly as hard as diamonds." (No joke, taken straight from one of their propoganda pieces).

It's just another thinly-veiled attempt to bully firearms manufacturers from selling in California.

Oh, and never mind that almost all crime is committed with stolen weapons.