Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster for Sig P226?

asbober

Hey all, I bought a Sig Sauer P226 this weekend and I'm wanting to start shooting Production, only thing is I need a holster before I can do that. Was wondering if someone could tell me a good, inexpensive holster to get. Thanks a lot.

Hey all, I bought a Sig Sauer P226 this weekend and I'm wanting to start shooting Production, only thing is I need a holster before I can do that. Was wondering if someone could tell me a good, inexpensive holster to get. Thanks a lot.

Uncle Mike's is good and cheap - Comptac or Bladetech is better but will cost you around $60.00 - All of them work great for production.

The Uncle Mike's holster located here will get you running for less than $16. I bought this exact one and modded it slightly to use with my FNP in production. I also own a Bladetech, but there is no great difference between the 2 except for the $50 you can keep for yourself. :rolleyes:

I use a Sidearmor holster with Uncle Mike's double magazine holders. The majority of shooters that I see using Sig handguns in competition use Blade-Tech DOH holsters. I agree that maybe the expensive kydex don't seem to offer much competitive advantage over Uncle Mike's, however I have had an Uncle Mike's melt and warp as a result of sitting in the back of my station wagon without any weapon in it for a hot couple of days. It was covered but just sitting there in the sun (my bad) I guess and "collapsed" under it's own weight to the point that it wasn't possible to insert a gun into it any more. The Sidarmor doesn't "look" like it would do that in a similar circumstance, but I don't think I'm going to test it. I can still purchase two more Uncle Mike's holsters for the cost of a Blade-tech or Sidearmour... and keep them from overexposure to heat.

Good luck and have a lot of fun with your Sig.

Edited by hanexp

• 2 months later...