Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting chrony light fixtures

During my last trip to the range to test some ammo, I brought the chrony to meausure it. As this was an indoor range I had to bring the light fixtures and extension cord and an additional 20min to get everything installed:)

Does anyone know of an alternative for the bulbs and extension cord to override the TL light flickering? I believe CED sells an IR light source that runs on batteries? Did anyone use his or her electrical engineering skills to build such a device.

TIA,

Dick

Edited by Dick Ozinga

• 4 weeks later...

you could probably make the CED kit or the PACT kit to work with the chrono you have. Not sure if the PACT kit is battery powered though. My CED kit for my CED chrono works great. Make sure you shield the sensors from any fluorescent light.

you could probably make the CED kit or the PACT kit to work with the chrono you have. Not sure if the PACT kit is battery powered though. My CED kit for my CED chrono works great. Make sure you shield the sensors from any fluorescent light.

The PACT isn't battery operated BUT I made a battery power unit by using a latern battery, cables, 2 plugs and 2 alligator clips. I got this from the tech at PACT.

• 4 weeks later...