Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accurate No.7

Graham Smith

Anyone have any experience (good or bad) with this powder for 9mm?

I started reloading recently using Titegroup and am fairly pleased with the results but want to try something different for the sake of comparison. Accurate No.7 looked as if it might fit the bill as it is a slower powder and requires a larger load and has good numbers.

Currently, I have some Montana Gold 121 IFP and some Berrys 124 gr RN bullets for testing and use CCI primers.

FWIW, I did try and search the forum on this, but the word Accurate tends to come up *a lot* so I didn't get very far.

I agree AA#7 is pretty slow and produces a pretty good flash, but it was accurate with 147 fmj's. Maybe Chris Patty will chime in, best I remember he runs AA7 in Production through his Glock. Check his website , it is listed here on BE in the dealer link. CPWSA

mws

AA#7 is a fantastic powder for 9mm if you are looking for high velocity and great um.... accuracy. It's well known for it's performance in that regard and may well be one of the best powders for small groups. At high pressures is burns clean and I don't notice much, if any flash from it. The small size of the grains meters superbly with my Hornady measure. It's my favorite powder for 9mm range ammo. Velocity, accuracy, clean, what else could you want?

That said, it would not be (and isn't) my first or even third choice for 130ish PF loads with 147's. For that type of loading I prefer a faster powder. My first choice is Solo 1000... Very clean single base powder that feels very consistent. N320 would be second. Again a very clean consistent single base powder. Third is pretty much a toss up between N340 and Titegroup. N340 is much cleaner but has more felt recoil (to me) but Titegroup leaves my gun a mess.

AA#7 is a fantastic powder for 9mm if you are looking for high velocity and great um.... accuracy. It's well known for it's performance in that regard and may well be one of the best powders for small groups. At high pressures is burns clean and I don't notice much, if any flash from it. The small size of the grains meters superbly with my Hornady measure. It's my favorite powder for 9mm range ammo. Velocity, accuracy, clean, what else could you want?

That said, it would not be (and isn't) my first or even third choice for 130ish PF loads with 147's. For that type of loading I prefer a faster powder. My first choice is Solo 1000... Very clean single base powder that feels very consistent. N320 would be second. Again a very clean consistent single base powder. Third is pretty much a toss up between N340 and Titegroup. N340 is much cleaner but has more felt recoil (to me) but Titegroup leaves my gun a mess.

Would you be interested in sharing your Solo 1000 load info. I have a friend that loves it in the 45acp. I would like to talk him out of some and try it in the 9mm if I had a starting place.

Mark

Would you be interested in sharing your Solo 1000 load info. I have a friend that loves it in the 45acp. I would like to talk him out of some and try it in the 9mm if I had a starting place.

Mark

Solo 1000 is about the only powder I load in .45's.

For 9mm I'm using 3.2 grains under Precision Delta 147's in my CZ 85 at 1.125". I'd say start at 3.1gr @ 1.140" and go from there. Depending on the gun you may have to adjust accordingly. With Solo 1000 being pretty fast work up slow and chrono as you go if you have one. Let me know what you think of it. I'd almost bet you'll end up buying a pound, actually 12 oz is what's in the bottle.

• 4 weeks later...

Big +1 for Solo 1000 and 9mm 147s. GREAT load!

-Single base like all the Vihta Vouri powder

-Available anywhere they shoot trap/skeet

-inexpensive, especially in 4 and 8 lb jugs

-super clean

-fast burning so LOW recoil

Solo 1000 and has BOOK LOADS up to Major for .40 @ short OAL (Glock length) and .45 ACP. It is my "do it all" powder for handgun (except 9major).

Carlos, what load (grains, bullet, COAL) w/ Solo are you running? I have one that shoots really nice out of my CZ 85 but I have no idea what the PF on it is yet. I think I should be fine but the chrono isn't in yet to check.

Thanks! :cheers:

Oh and trying to go major with it probably would be really bad idea! :lol: