Steel1212

steel1212

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As somebody already pointed out on facebook not smooth at all! My mag pouches where set to tight and I was giving myself a wedgie all day. The rain didn't help....excuse...excuse....excuse. I did win by 27 seconds over the next place masters at the match.

• 3 weeks later...

Well This one is in the books. Going back and watching the video I'm pretty depressed at my pistol shooting. There is just no excuse that covers that. There was nothing there that should have given me that kind of trouble yet it did. I think I just was thinking past the pistol since its like second nature most of the time in 1 gun matches. A few bobbles with my shotgun but other than that I think my long gun shooting is improving. My transitions and splits are still kinda slow with them as I just don't trust what I see yet but you get what you put into it and I haven't put enough in to them.

1st year I shot this match I was well into the triple digits in finish. Last year I was in the 70s. This year I was 29 with 2 stupid mistakes costing me about 12 places in points. Ran past a target on stage 7 and over zoomed and couldn't find a target on stage 8. Will have to get slug sights for my shotgun as that was by far my worst stage.
All my guns ran like a top and I have lots of data to work with to make myself better for sure!

• 4 weeks later...

Had a reshoot go from a nice run that would have been a stage win. To slower and a mike no shoot. A couple other mikes on point blank targets and a couple bad stage plans and it looks like te above.

Doing the what if. With out the penalties I would have been 95% of bob. I can live with that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Started the weekend shooting IDPA. Shot the first stage and realized my rear sight was flopping around loose. Tried tightening it up for second stage with no luck. Borrowed a Wilson and finished the last 4 stages. Ended up winning the match by 20 seconds.

Started the day with some absolutely horrible news. Nothing I could do about it other than try and keep my mind off it by shooting. Mind never was in the match though. Ended up 3rd in combined behind a open GM and limited master.