Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel1212

steel1212

Still not watching my front sight as well as I would like but yesterday was a little better than last week. Stages had lots of options and where shot several different ways depending on how many rounds you had in your gun or your skill level!

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had 3 penalties and a blow up on stage 6. Bullet moved forward on my magazine during the reload and instead of just dropping it I tried to fix it. Then ran the stage to fast and got a mike just to compound the issue.

It was a very fun match though and I'll learn from this as well and move on.

Still not watching my front sight as well as I would like but yesterday was a little better than last week. Stages had lots of options and where shot several different ways depending on how many rounds you had in your gun or your skill level!

What match was this?

Ah, my bad it was on the video graphic: Miami Rifle and Pistol Club.

Edited by ihatepickles

Having 2 plans in my head will end up costing me the match. I ran right by one target getting 30 points in penalties plus not gettting the 10 points available. I also shot minor as well trying to work on getting hits at speed and I have a few more things to work on but by the end of the day I felt better about fast As.

• 2 weeks later...

Shot the 625 today so as to get classified in all 5 divisions. Now that that is done I'll work on getting the M in all those divisions. Was just a little off on the revos from making it so I'll probably start there and work my way to ESP/CDP.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/user/springfield1911guy#p/u/12/e5o3qB6o4nM

Had a few mind bobbles today and a few weak reloads but it felt like a good match.

Your last reload on stage 2. Wondering if you even had both hands on the gun yet during that first two round burst? That was fast! The two ninja's on that stage looked really cool :ph34r:

http://www.youtube.c.../12/e5o3qB6o4nM

Had a few mind bobbles today and a few weak reloads but it felt like a good match.

Your last reload on stage 2. Wondering if you even had both hands on the gun yet during that first two round burst? That was fast! The two ninja's on that stage looked really cool :ph34r:

Yeah I didn't do a reload for crap on that stage! I had Barry splits though on those 2 targets!

Shot IDPA with one of our clients on sat. Typical IDPA match for me, brain just can't switch over once a month :roflol:Its always fun though and after the first stage I got warmed up.

Shot our 10 stage monthly match indoors yesterday. I felt I did pretty good. Couple of things I wish I had done better but for the most part the shooting felt like it should. Everything flowed well. Still need better hits at the same speed though. My morning run was much better than my afternoon run. In the morning I didn't have any Deltas. In the afternoon I had a few more trying to go a little to fast I think. I'll have a nice 99% classifier in limited, with my Single Stack :ph34r:, coming on and picked up another low 90% classifier in SS, which doesn't really matter anymore.

All in all I got to shoot 13 stages of USPSA and 6 Stages of IDPA from Thursday-Sunday. Pretty good 4 days.

• 1 month later...

Had a pretty good outing yesterday. Shot 95% of points, was shooting higher than that but the last stage I lost focus a little and went more for speed and dropped to many points. Ended up Combined HOA shooting minor.

Standard cz 75, not the sp01?

Yup I like the short dustcover gun better. Plus the SP01 has a Firing Pin block and I don't like the way it resets. My 75s are Pre Bs and reset like my 1911s. I shoot IDPA also and don't have to worry about the weight on the short dust cover guns either.

Silver Creek match this past sunday. Had a few HUGE mental mistakes on a couple stages that cost me. The other 4 stages I think I smoked pretty good though.

I am sure your got rung up for the small popper and the FTE on stage 6, but the question I have is did you get the zero fo violating the forbidden action on the stage with the star? It was written on the stage briefing in red ink that exiting and re entering the shooting area in the front was a forbidden action.

Silver Creek match this past sunday. Had a few HUGE mental mistakes on a couple stages that cost me. The other 4 stages I think I smoked pretty good though.

I am sure your got rung up for the small popper and the FTE on stage 6, but the question I have is did you get the zero fo violating the forbidden action on the stage with the star? It was written on the stage briefing in red ink that exiting and re entering the shooting area in the front was a forbidden action.

It wasn't read to us as during the walk through. So no I did not and neither did the rest of my squad. The MD would like to give me a zero for the stage for committing a forbidden action I'll take it like a man. See you on the range.

Oh and thanks for watching my video!!!

Edited by steel1212

It wasn't read to us as during the walk through. So no I did not and neither did the rest of my squad. The MD would like to give me a zero for the stage for committing a forbidden action I'll take it like a man. See you on the range.

A good lesson for all of us, even at local club matches, all squads need to make sure that the reading of the written stage briefings are done completely just like at a sanctioned match to avoid any confusion.

If you did not get rung up at the match then you are safe. Video evidence cannot be used to make a call. Plus the match is long over. I personally hate Forbidden Actions and I will never put one in a match I am running if it cannot be avoided. It should have been mentioned at the shooters meeting, but it was on the sheet and I read it to my squad. It was a club match and they are just practice anyway. But consistency would be nice.

You shooting did look good. See you at BITBG if not before.

Shot some IDPA today. Shot a fairly decent match. Not great, had a few little accuracy issues, ya know that whole front bump thing.

When the match was done we ran the classifier. I did run the best classifier I've ever ran though. Shot a 81 second run. Had to have a buddy add it up as I didn't believe it lol.

Went to the Inaugural USPSA match at RockCastle Shooting Center yesterday. Didn't shoot that good. It was terribly winding in the morning and the steel was set heavy because of it. Was also trying a new gun in a match for the first time, yeah that always works well lol.