Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tungsten guide rod

hayes45

I am thinking of adding a Tungsten guide rod to my G22 that I am using in limited. Please advise if this is a good idea. Also if any one knows were to find one, they seem to be back ordered at most places.

Justin

Would love to see a weight comparrison of the different manufacturers tungsten rods. I am using a SS extended rod by Tom Novak, It's not quite as heavy as Tungsten, but suits me for now, at least until I can see the difference of the tungsten rods.

Would love to see a weight comparrison of the different manufacturers tungsten rods. I am using a SS extended rod by Tom Novak, It's not quite as heavy as Tungsten, but suits me for now, at least until I can see the difference of the tungsten rods.

Yea, I would be curious to see as well. There is quite a price difference from SS to tungsten, twice as much. I wish Brownells carried them because they normally have decent prices and have reasonable shipping. I started to order the tungsten from Glockmeister and when I saw the $10.00 shipping I backed out. I guess I will wait and try to find one used on the classifieds.

I am thinking of adding a Tungsten guide rod to my G22 that I am using in limited. Please advise if this is a good idea. Also if any one knows were to find one, they seem to be back ordered at most places.

Justin

No experience with the stock length, but I use T.H.E.'s extended in my G35 and love it. As soon as I installed it I could feel the added weight in the muzzle, and noticed a difference in muzzle flip. I also feel it helps to steady the muzzle for longer shots.

For me it was a worth while investment.

I was previously using two styles that I made. One was made Of CRS, and hardened. The other I made of 0-1 drill rod. There is a noticable difference in weight and performance with the tungsten.

If you can find one in stock I say try it. You could recoupe most of your money if you don't like it.

Good Luck

BTW, I got mine from Matt @ CGR. I also believe his site list the weight difference's in different rods.

I like the short THE I have in my Production G35 (I use the short rod because I have other add ons on the pistol that go over the 1 oz. over factory gun wt. if I use the extended THE rod).

You're allowed to be 2 oz. over.

I like the short THE I have in my Production G35 (I use the short rod because I have other add ons on the pistol that go over the 1 oz. over factory gun wt. if I use the extended THE rod).

You're allowed to be 2 oz. over.

You're right. My typo. But while the extended THE makes the limit by itself, adding dawson adjustables and TruGrip kicks over the 2 oz limit. I switched to fixed sights and can just squeeze under the (two ;) ) oz allowed.

I was looking for one as well to put in my G19. Would you guys advise to change the recoil spring as well from the standard? I think the factor one is 18 lbs if I am not mistaken.

TIA

Edited by sifu128