Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Alaska

AikiDale

I love seeing pictures of home.

Alaska is it. Home. Always has been, always will be.

As long as I live - I'll never regard any place as high as I regard where I grew up. It is the most real, and surreal, place (to me) on earth. Where what you see is what you get. And what you get is amazing.

J

I intend to visit again. In two weeks I drove through Fairbanks, Denali National park, the Denali Highway, Valdez, Seward, Anchorage and Talkeetna. There is a whole lot more to see. I need to go when the sun goes down in hopes of seeing an Aurora Borealis.

Beautiful pics. What is going on in the river on picture #27?

:lol:

This is on the trail to the Edge Glacier outside Seward. On the way to see the glacier Mary and I walked across a stream maybe 2 inches deep if you could not find a rock to step on. On the way back Mr. Ranger Sir was raking the water. Must have been a slow day at the gift shop. Best we could determine he was making stepping stone piles of river rock so the tourists would not get their feet wet but at the time we came back he had the only dry land to step on and the trail was over my ankles. Glacier melt is cold water. Mary was not amused as you can see in the picture.

Dave inspired me to post these. It's obvious he's the pro and I'm not....yet. :cheers:

http://picasaweb.google.com/DaleSensei/Alaska

The Bridal Veil Falls outside of Valdez Alaska is always a treat. In the winter the locals free climb them. No kidding.

I was born 8 miles north of the arctic circle in northern interior alaska.

Fairbanks is the place to be in the summer.

Ray--

Very nice!!! Looks like a future vacation spot! You saw a lot more wildlife up close than we did - totally jealous of the griz stuff :D

Speaking of Alaska, check this guy's work out here: http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=18236

That is just totally awesome. Thanks for posting the link Dave.

The guy is insane but I'm glad to have this inside look at the culture. Ain't technology grand?

:cheers: