Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New SVI Infinity Sight Tracker .40S&W

bernt

They make a 5.4" sight tracker model along with some of the shorter lengths. Great option for those who can't decide between the 5" and 6".

Speaking of new Infinity Sight-Trackers. It is my understanding they are manufactured in both 5" and 6". I have seen mostly the 5" models, and a lot less of the 6" version. I noticed that the Sight Track portion of the barrel is the same size on both.

Of course, there are quite a few Sight Tracker style pistols that are built by custom builders. Sometimes, if there are no custom builder markings you have no way of telling if they were not built by SVI/Infinity. Should I assume that both the 5" and 6" versions are legal to use in the Limited/Standard Division of USPSA/IPSC ????? With the surging interest in the 6" Limited guns, this is a good candidate/contender ...

Yes, they do as I have the first one produced.............and yeah, it is all that and a bag of chips too. It really is a good suggestion for those who can't decide on purchasing a 5 inch or a 6 inch gun. The balance and weight of the gun do play a big factor in how each shooter shoots the gun. The 5.4 bridges the gap between the two guns and still fits in the IPSC box if the shooter ever wants to play IPSC versus just USPSA. Pictures of the gun are in the Gallery section.

Roy

Team SV Infinity

• 1 month later...

I have an SV Sight-Tracker limited gun with the AET barrel. The detail of the gun is phenomenal, although the sight tracker concept really comes down to a matter of personal choice/shooting style.

The slide cycles very fast for an otherwise heavy limited gun, so it shoots a bit different than other 5" guns I've tried (and a world apart from lightweight 6" guns). That said, if you want the fastest possible sight recovery and don't mind a little extra "snap" its ideal. The bigger consideration for me is how the sight-tracker barrels affect the overall handling of the gun. Adding more static weight at muzzle seems to help recoil control, but if you index between targets aggressively, it takes a bit longer to stop the gun.

As far as the AET barrel goes, it has a strong preference for high quality jacketed bullets. Mine likes 180gr Precision Delta's over clays. I've tried some factory loads and found many of them yield poor accuracy and are prone to key holing.

• 4 weeks later...

I have one. Prepare to be blown away! Talk about a shooter. Reliable, accurate, balanced, recoils beautifully, and just screams of quality!

Now laws are changing (again) in California. I have to just pray I can keep her.