Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sunuva

Sunuva

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miamisburg Sunday match.

What great weather, it was just perfect!

I had a Great day of shooting well if you don’t count the classifier that is.

My shots were smooth and I can really feel my transitions and splits speeding up.

I had two different targets on different stages that I called a miss on and took another shot, but both times the hits were there, plus they were good hits. This is something I will need to figure out. My stage break down was a lot better this Sunday and im happy with my hits. Overall im really happy with this match.

I would like to give thanks to all the people who help set up and tear down the stages

It’s what keeps the sport alive, plus you guys make all the hard work fun.

Also would like to single out Chris Keen who is the stats master, nobody dose it faster. The scores beat me home tonight that is fantastic! Thanks Chris.

-Robert

Thanks Bob. Actually it was a relief.

All I really need is for you to NOT get off your lazy a$$ so I can beat you. Or you can practice and make it harder for me to catch you. :)

Sorry Paul, you better keep Dryfiring.

Monday night match,

I usually set up all the Monday night match’s with help that I really appreciate.

That being said, I think tonight’s match was a little to hard, just by being based to much on memory and not on shooting skill.

I must keep that in mind next week.

Ok now on the shooting, Not a bad match for me, I did have one mike that I didn’t call at all, my calling of shots have greatly improved over the last year, but this one I didn’t expect at all, im still giving my competitors way to many points. On the hard target im getting good hits with just a little slow down. Need to work on speeding up my vision!

Robert.

It wasn't TOO HARD Robert. Remember you will see some stages at majors that are even harder than that! We had one at W.PA that was a Mutha F%$#r. And oddly enough it was a 26 round - 11 second stage. An 11 HF memory stage ? :wacko:

The "shooting" that you speak of was the 1st string speed ... and the 2nd string accuracy ... and the 3rd string strong-hand-only shooting on the move. The memory portion you speak of ... will be needed again someday ... somewhere. Practicing slight memory stages is good for you. It helps reinforce "programming" of stages / targets. Keep up the great matches. (ok, you can give us 1 easy match a month) ;) I like the challenges you have come up with. I like seeing you dream up new ones. :)

No Dryfiring for the last two days, been sick as a dog. So has the whole family, what a mess.

I did get some in tonight, not a lot, still under the weather.

Im hoping to get a full practice in tomorrow.

It wasn't TOO HARD Robert. Remember you will see some stages at majors that are even harder than that! We had one at W.PA that was a Mutha F%$#r. And oddly enough it was a 26 round - 11 second stage. An 11 HF memory stage ? :wacko:

The "shooting" that you speak of was the 1st string speed ... and the 2nd string accuracy ... and the 3rd string strong-hand-only shooting on the move. The memory portion you speak of ... will be needed again someday ... somewhere. Practicing slight memory stages is good for you. It helps reinforce "programming" of stages / targets. Keep up the great matches. (ok, you can give us 1 easy match a month) ;) I like the challenges you have come up with. I like seeing you dream up new ones. :)

Thanks Chris,

It’s good to here that you are enjoying the stages.

I just hope the non USPSA shooters we get are enjoying them as well.

Seeya Monday.

Robert.

I got in a full hour of dryfiring in today, it felt really smooth and fast, probably because I wasn’t trying to do it in the middle of the night after work and the kids with no sleep,

I think I need to mix up my routine and start adding more movement, maybe some box to box. That’s all for now need to load up some ammo and stat thinking up my Monday nights stage.

-Robert

Haaa another Monday match has come and gone. It was a more of accuracy match then anything. I needed to take two make up shots and I hit a no shoot target, even with all of that I still feel ok about the match, the two make up shots was because of hard cover covering half the target and my no shoot just nicked the corner. Also I had a good game plane and it was executed well, Im happy with that.

What I learned at the match.

My Accuracy is on, just need to trust it more.

Need to be more aggressive, the better shooters are putting a lot of time on me.

-Robert

Monday night match,

Not a good shooting experience, I was just not into it. My stage break down was terrible

My reloads were off and I wasn’t using the sights, so no surprise that I had 3 mikes and a

no shoot.

Im going to try to get a practice in tonight, and just try to relax and see my sights.

• 3 weeks later...

Nov 19 2007

It’s been sometime since my last entry, I need to work on that.

Tonight’s Monday night match was a fun one. A nice mix of targets, with a drop tuner.

The last two matches I felt I shot well, but in both matches I had one mike on wide open targets. The bigger concern is that I didn’t call either mikes, and was surprised to see them. I did think I was getting better at calling my shot.

I read somewhere on this forum that if you are getting the occasional mike, it means you are pushing, and it’s not such a bad thing. It does still bother me that I’m not calling them.

Well it’s something to keep working on.

Robert

• 2 weeks later...

Monday night match 11/26/07

It was a good match, my game plan was a little off but I still felt smooth. My longer range shots are getting faster with good hits.

I seem to be beating better shooter a little more often now; it makes me wont to practice a little more it is good to feel progress.

Even thou Im setting up the match, running a good number of shooters and tearing down. with some very good and dedicated people I have too add, it takes 5 or so hours every Monday, Im still having fun I just hope I will not get burned out. I don’t see it happing yet but it is in the back of my mind. I will have to keep it in check.

Robert

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting the vid Micah,

At least you got the one good stage I shot that match!

I just didn't take it serious or just wasn't into it that day? I have noticed over the last few matches that I'm getting sloppy, missing wide open targets and having terrible groups.

I need to take some good advice and slow down and take a step back.

• 4 weeks later...

Well Im back

I’ve let my journal laps some what; the last few weeks have been a little hectic I have been dryfiring somewhat nowhere near as much as I should.

Still setting up the matches on Monday nights at my club, it makes for a long day and it dose show up in my shooting sometimes but I do enjoy it, we have been getting a lot of new shooters of late. Introducing people to the sport and seeing them comeback week after week really make me feel good.

Micah set up a special classifier match with six classifiers on a single indoor bay with freezing temps and he pulled it off in great fashion. Thanks again Micah.

In the match I got classified in Single stack and revolver, I think a shot the single stack very well for not shooting one in like five years; it was a fun change of pace.

The revolver was a whole different story I was using a friends revolver that wasn’t competition friendly but it got the job done.

This last Monday night match, I broke my CCF Glock’s locking block in three pieces, on the first string. The funny thing is my friend Paul loaned me his G35 for the last two strings and I really felt that I shot very well with it, I felt fast and it seemed that the sights were snapping back a lot faster then my CCF steel frame, the next time I get a chance Im going to test this out.

Im sure there is more that Im forgetting but that all I can remember right now.