Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sunuva

Sunuva

35 minutes of dryfiring tonight, still hot as hell in the garage.

Worked on strong hand, Draws and Visual Patience. It didn’t go to bad tonight.

Lots of motivation in the last 4 days

Micah making Master, Way to go man you earned it

Winning my class in L-10 at Miamisburg

And going down in percentage nationally, went from a 54.87 to 53.13 what a pisser :angry2:

It did make dryfiring easier to night...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a day Of Fishing with the family, I did some Dryfiring, It felt smooth and fast.

I was beating my par times all most every time so I decided to bump them down a notch.

It was only .3 of a bump and I was keeping up, I think it added a since of urgency and I liked that.

Did more strong hand drills, I think im at a point were I need to live fire strong hand to see if im improving on that skill.

Looking At the Ohio state match, I see that I need some long range live fire so im hoping Wednesday I will get some.

-Robert

Edited by Sunuva

08/22/07

Got to do some live fire right after work, Mainly worked on 30 yard shooting, getting ready for Ohio State,

I was shooting well it felt good getting some live fire in.

Shot 150 rounds from 25yds and greater.

Another 100 rounds weak and strong hand, Weak hand was great!! Strong is improving but still needs work.

For my L-10 over all win, CCF RaceFrames put my name on there web page; I thought that was pretty cool.

Here is the link, CCF RaceFrames

Ok I'm off to do some dryfiring.

-Robert

Did about 45 min of dryfiring tonight, It was very hot in the garage like 95 at 11:00 pm. :mellow:

And I was tired :yawn: so the dryfiring was much labored and not smooth.

I will have a better one tomorrow.

-Robert

Had a great match today at Milford, Good weather, I had fun, great stages, Shot the match clean,

Just what I needed right before Ohio State.

Im going to skip dryfiring tonight and just reflect on a good match, also catch up on some reading.

I will break down the stages after the scores come out.

-Robert

8/28/07

Did some live fire With Micah today, I wish we had more time but it was time well spent.

We worked on long range shooting, did some barricade work and a little speed shooting.

It was hot as Hades outside, :blink: the practice went well, reloads felt good, In an out of the barricades was smooth, shooting on the move still needs work but its getting there. As long as I see my sights I hit the target every time lol.

Really looking forward to Ohio State this Sunday, im ready to win my Class.

I must thank Micah for giving me some pointers on my draws and on my reloads,

I’m going to add them to my dryfiring tonight thanks man, we need to do this more often.

-Robert

My pleasure Robert! It truly was hot as Hades, but an excellent practice session with excellent company. Keep up the dryfire, and smile every time you think about winning a plaque two years in a row at the OH Sectionals :)

8/29/2007

Worked on my Draws Most of this session, Thanks to Micah showing me a new way to draw, my draws seem a lot smoother and a little faster, Didn’t use the timer much just tried to work on being smooth. It was a good night

8/30/2007

Set up my trigger so I could manipulate the trigger with out racking the slide, what a great thing.

Did some big transitions and a little more strong hand work.

Nice and cool in the garage so the dry firing went well.

Tonight will be my last session before Ohio State, I will take tomorrow off to clean my gun and finish all my reloading for the match. It will be a great match. Im ready.

-Robert

Ohio Section Championship, what a match it was a true test of skills, you needed all of them for this one.

I came in 2nd “C” L-10 the same place as last year. That was a little disappointing I didn’t feel that a shot my best match with 5 mikes two of them from strong hand.

But I can’t feel all that bad coming 2nd to a friend like Chris Timmerman who shot one hell of a match 5th over all and if he was a “B” class shooter would have still came in 2nd nice going Chris.

Things to work on, im still pulling my shots from time to time, need to become a more accurate shooter, especially on small plates in front of no shoots.

And you know it strong and weak hand.

No dryfire tonight will start back up tomorrow.

-Robert

I just worked on transitions last night,

Worked on snapping focus and speeding up from target to target.

Getting ready to set up Miamisburg’s stages in a few hours, hoping the rain will hold off

Not looking good. Some good stages it looks like it will be a fun match.

No dryfiring tonight,

Just got back from setting up tomorrows match, it took some time trying to work in-between thunder storms :angry2:

It will be an early morning so we can get the rest of the stages built, hopefully the one bay will not flood out.

But all an all it looks like a fun match, rain or no rain.

-Robert

• 2 weeks later...

9/17/07

Well it’s been some time since my last post. Here is what’s been going on.

Shot the mud match at Miamisburg. Didn’t shoot badly on the two big stages. I did pretty well on the small stages and the classifier. I still need to push myself to go faster on the stand in the box and shoot stages. Well maybe faster is not the right word, I need to be more aggressive.

Been real busy with family and friends the last two weeks so not much dryfiring, but I did a little.

I have built and shot two Monday night matches at Miamisburg. The first Monday I didn’t shoot real well, was too fast and not real deliberate, its cost was two no shoots.

Tonight’s match I did a lot better. I was accurate and smooth, well, on at least two out of the three stages. The last stage was a bit of a memory stage that I got a little lost on, and I designed it :surprise: It wasn’t too bad, it just cost me a little time.

I’m planning to get back to a dryfiring routine tomorrow, shooting the Monday night matches have given me some things to work on.

Robert.

9/25/2007

Had a long Dryfire session tonight (well long for me) it was around 1 hour 20 minutes. My work is shut down right now so Im going to try to take advantage of this and get as much dryfiring in as I can.

I seem to be rubbing a blister on my middle finger of my strong hand; I will have to keep an eye on that.

I moved my targets further apart tonight so I can work on transition more.

I really feel that my draw is getting a lot better,

Last Monday at the Miamisburg match,

I think I shot well, the first string seen here, (thanks Micah for the video) I was shooting a little wild, was shooting faster then I was seeing.Upon start signal, String setup, retrieve the parcel, engage targets as they become visible. The parcel had to be in the box before your last shot is fired, or you incur 1 procedural.

th_DSCN1368.jpg

This video is string 3, I was seeing my sights lift on this one and my hits will prove that. But I did fumble a reload

String setup, you could start on either side of the bay, engage targets as they become visible.

th_DSCN1370.jpg

-Robert

Edited by Sunuva

9/26/2007

Did some Weak and strong hand tonight,

I mainly did the exercises on page 11 and 12 out of Steve Anderson Dryfire book, did this for about 40 minutes,

Dryfiring felt really smooth, I was glade I practice tonight.

-Robert

Monday night match,

This was a fun match, on string one you had to pull a rope with your strong hand to activate a clam shell target at about 35 feet.

The way it looked you had about 2 seconds to bet the no shoot from blocking the target, what a blast. A really fun test of your draw and splits. I did ok on this, I got a good draw and grip, my first shot hit the bottom part of the lower “A” zone second shot flew over the target :blink: I had plenty of time too, I just wish I would of have taken the time for a little better sight pitcher. My first two shots were at 1.82 I will learn from this.

I really need to get back to dryfiring, I had only one small session this week so far, and I need to do a lot of reloading!

-Robert

Edited by Sunuva

10/8/07

Monday Night match, I shot well, didn’t have the best stage break down but Im happy with my overall performance.

10/9/07

Dryfired using a video camera, Wow do I look fat and slow, the video really show how my reloads could be better, that will give me something to work on.

My reaction to the timer can be a little quicker but I think that has really improved over the last few weeks.

Been having a hard time finding the time to Dryfire in the last two weeks, I seem to be finding a lot of excuses.

I must keep telling myself that my competition is dryfiring.

I now have more time to practice since my employer and I parted ways yesterday... :)

Really sorry to here that Paul, Now im really going to have to get off my lazy A#* and do some Dryfiring. :unsure:

Paul let me know is you need anything.

Robert.