Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sunuva

Sunuva

Well, here we are, Thanks to Chris Keen starting his Range Diary, it got me motivated to get one going.

Please fill free to comment. I can use all the help I can get, but let’s try to keep it positive.

===============================================================

Ok A little about me, I am 54.87% “C” shooter In Limited10. Im married to a wonderful Wife that puts up with all of this. I have 3 kids who are 16, 7, and 1, so this house hold tends to be a little hectic to say the least.

I have an RO certificate and I just passed the CRO class.

===============================================================

My shooting Ability strengths;

I think shooting on the move at close targets, even though I think im looking over the sights (get into that later), but if im moving and not thinking, I tend to keep both eyes open. My hits are not bad, my reloads are smooth, and I have fun.

Things to work on;

Shooting in a static stage, Stop double taping, moving faster then my sight picture, splits at medium of longer targets, Draw not speed but getting a good grip,

And a lot more. But it is all getting better.

I know I need to dry fire a lot more. Right now its once a month if im lucky, but that will change. I’m really lucky to be in the area I’m in, I shoot at least 3 matches a month, sometimes more, I’m friends with some great shooters that have helped me a lot (BSeevers, Krispy Keen, Pharaoh Bender) to say a few, plus I get to shoot with two of my best friends (Mad Kaw, FQHAMMER .45).

That’s all for now. I feel like I’m rambling on. It’s late so I’m going to bed.

Thanks for reading,

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear from you Robert. I've found new inspiration in dry-firing, but I have to find new ways to keep it interesting or it becomes monotonous. More like a job than a training tool. Maybe you can do the same.

Your CRO fu is strong. B) Keep it up!

I've found new inspiration in dry-firing, but I have to find new ways to keep it interesting or it becomes monotonous. More like a job than a training tool. Maybe you can do the same.

I know what you mean, you could get a cat :ph34r: I have two it seems to help lol, just kidding no cats were harmed in the typing of this post

Good shooting Robert. thanks for the help on the range. We do have some good shooters in the area to learn from, eh?

Thanks Paul, You are getting better every match. Why do you think im starting a dryfire :mellow:

Glad you signed up Robert. The range diary will keep you accountable and provides an excellent medium for analyzing and recording your shooting.

See you this Saturday.

Thanks Pharaoh,

I dryfired for about 30min tonight in the garage man was it hot!!!!

Worked at about ½ speed to start, at the last match Pharaoh showed me a new grip to try out it’s a little more aggressive with my week hand thumb a little more forward.

Did a lot of draws with the new grip, I like how it feels and I will stick with it for now.

Thanks Pharaoh.

I am doing an el-prez in my dryfiring; my reloads were all smooth and im happy with them.

Also spent some attention on getting a better reaction time to the beep that is coming along.

Picked up my new CCF frame from Peabody sports it look sweet I will try to get it going on Monday.

Sunuva.

I shot FQHAMMER .45 new CCF steel frame Glock with a G35 upper, I only put about 15 rounds thru it and im not sure how much I like it yet.

Hoping to have mine up next week.

Dryfire tonight was real short, I just really worked on transitions and snapping my vision

It went well the gun felt solid in my hand. Still working on the new grip, it is coming along.

Goodnight Robert.

Had a good night of dryfiring for about 45min

Worked on ½ speed reloads and draws.

I got Steve Andersons dryfire book out, thanks Steve for a great book, working on drill 6 reload 6 with ¼ size targets at 15ft.

After 5 or so times of doing the drill hit me how much time I was losing with my transitions, I got a little more aggressive but stayed focused on hitting the “A”.

It was a good night seeing how much I could speed up my transitions but keep my shooting smooth

-Robert

:cheers: Congrats Robert. The range diary is a great tool as PB mentioned. Enjoy the journey. It has its ups and downs but at least they are all on the road to improvement.

Thanks Drew, Your Range Diary has been an inspiration also I do read it often.

Not much Dryfire tonight I did do a little, Spent most of my free time loading ammo for the Oxford match tomorrow 60% chance of rain, but Im filling good about the match.

It’s going to be a good match.

-Robert

The Oxford match,

I shot the first three stages well but on the last stage the Classifier It wasn’t pretty at all

My strong hand shoot was just plan bad. I was really kinda bummed about the stage, like 3 whole days of my dryfiring was going to improve my game that much, need more patience.

Im not a bad weak hand shooter so I will be adding a lot of strong hand dryfiring into me routine.

Started putting my CCF frame together tonight, I have it all together but sometimes the trigger is not resetting. I will look into that tomorrow.

I will break down each stage after the results are in, I wrote notes down of each stage so I wouldn’t forget.

Got my CCF frame going tonight, did some strong hand dryfiring with it, the trigger feels great.

The front checkering is a little sharp I will be adding some grip tape soon…

The dryfiring is going great tonight the extra weight is nice it seems to take a lot of my wobble out of me sight picture.

Well im off to dryfire some more I had to give my strong hand a break this frame is heavy.

-Robert

Not much DF tonight, put some griptape on the new frame so that feels better now.

Practice some draws to make sure the frame is copasetic with my holster and that’s about it.

I didn’t realize how close the Ohio state match was so I had to get my Application filled out, I will send that out in the morning.

It’s such a great match, Flexmoney Dose a great job it a must go to if you can.

-Robert

Dryfire went well to night, Worked on strong hand and draws.

With the new frame im getting a tight holster every now and then but I think it’s working its way out.

Reloads were smooth, missed my grip here and there after slowing down my draws that went away.

My transitions are getting faster I can feel it.

Im hoping to go to the range tomorrow to do some live fire it will be more of a function test then anything can’t wait to shoot the new frame

Robert

Did some live fire today in the 100 Degree weather :huh: But it was still a good time, worked on shooting groups with the new frame. Wow do I like this Gun the groups were a little left but tight,

I felt I was shooting very well, also did some weak and strong hand shooting with good results.

This is a good vibe that I will carryover to Sundays match.

Have a great one Robert.

Was setting up stages tonight at Miamisburg, for tomorrow. Mark A. has a nice one for us. Im looking forward to it.

Did some live fire, long distant shooting with the Glock. Just trying to watch the front sight, seeing it lift, and how it was lifting.

I had a magazine that was not locking the slide back on the last shot, no big deal, but, I had a flinch not once but twice, it was pretty big too. I didn’t even know I was doing this. Im really going to have to look into this, and start loading dummy rounds with my practice ammo. This was kind of shocking.:surprise:

Had A Great match yesterday!! I got an L-10 over all win, shot the match without a mike plus it was a great day of shooting!

I had 41A 3B 18C and 5D’s one of my goals this year was to shoot a clean match no mikes, I have shot several now this year, So my new goal is to shoot a clean match plus no “D”s

Quick brake down of the match,

Bianchi Maddness 3: It felt quick But I got beat up on by a few people in my class time wise, had one target I was slow on and didn’t call my shot so I took a double take that cost some time, there was one steel plate, took it with one shot, steel is becoming a none issue.

Warehouse Rats: I was slow to pick up the first three targets I called a miss on T3 and made it up, it was a miss, rest of the stage felt good.

Did ya Get’m 2: Felt good, two good hits on the steel

CM 99-45 Easy Street: didn’t feel smooth, I double smacked a mag to get seated, didn’t fill fluid from box to box, not sure why maybe because it was a classifier? I will put some thought on it, But my hits were good lots of A’s 55% national

Seeing some of Micah’s times and hits give me motivation to do better,

That being said im off to do some dryfiring.