Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lone Survivor

• 4 weeks later...

Been spending a lot of time on airplanes lately and picked this book up. Simply awesome. The first half might be kinda slow for some as that covers the SEAL training, but about half way thru that changes dramatically. Words can't describe the courage, commitment, and sacrifice of everyone involved in that mission. After reading this book, I felt inspired, yet humbled at the same time.

If you don't mind can you compare it to Blackhawk Down? Better, worse, same?

I'm read BH down twice - I loved it. Been thinking about Lone Survivor - but didn't want another "Dick Marcinko" story book.

(Can I say the knock on Dick Marcinko? If not - moderators pls feel free to delete that part)

J

To me, BHD was a better read. What impressed me most about Lone Survivor was the battle and the escape (2nd half of the book). These were some tough SOB's. Danny Dietz is from just up the road and recently had a memorial placed in his honor.

His story is beyond words. If you enjoyed BHD, you'll enjoy this for the same reasons...

Side note: The memorial statue to Danny was protested by the anti-gun libs in the area, because the statue depicts an M-4