Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Class win at Summer Blast

j2fast

OK, so I'll be the first to admit (at least in my mind, no offense to anyone) being first 'C' is sort of like getting a ribbon for best personality at the beauty pageant. In the grand picture I finished 33rd out of 80+ Limited shooters so 32 other folks shot anywhere from a little better to blasting away at a pace I'll likely never reach. All that said this had been kind of a down year for me; motivation to pick up a gun let alone get out to a match other than the ones at my home club has been almost non existent this year. Even on bright sunny weekends when my wife and I were taking breaks from redoing landscaping, building another deck, etc. I just never felt like trekking out to a match.

So I'm actually a little excited about shooting again now; I actually got up this morning to dry-fire for 30 minutes or so before work and plan on doing the same tomorrow. Just like I kind of slid into Summer Blast at the last minute after not planning to shoot I just filled out my app for Area 8 and will be heading to the post office shortly. Not because I might win some piece of paper or a plaque but because shooting big matches can be some damn good fun.

I guess some times it really is just the little things.... :cheers:

OK, so I'll be the first to admit (at least in my mind, no offense to anyone) being first 'C' is sort of like getting a ribbon for best personality at the beauty pageant.

I guess some times it really is just the little things.... :cheers:

Absolutely. I placed 26 of 71 in Production, but was the high Senior. A dubious distinction, but I'll take it!

Congratulations to all division and class winners!

Big congrats to my friends...

Harry Foltz - 1st B limited (with the gun he bought from me! :) )

Bruce Skean - 1st C Production (hopefully they'll finally kick him out of C-class after this :devil: )

The Carmoneys: Mike took HOA Revolver over GM Walsh and young Sam edged the rest of the competition in the deep pool of B-class shooters! :bow:

Good job, all!

Wish I could've been there. :(

Jim,

I just took a look at the scores and from my point of view you had a pretty good day.

You came in 1st place in a field of 23 shooters in your class.

You also finished 17 places ahead of the 2nd C shooter.

In case you didn't notice you left 20 B class shooters in the dust (thats 2/3 of the field).

I don't know where all this beauty pageant crap comes from.

You earned a little glory this weekend. :bow:

Accept it. :cheers:

Tony

Edited by 38superman