Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grams Eng Benelli Mods

grim death

A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO I HAD ASKED IF ANYONE HAS HAD GRAMS ENG DO MODS TO THEIR BENELLI BECAUSE I HAVE HEARD MANY THINGS ABOUT WHAT HE DOES TO THE GUNS.

I MET A MAN AT THE RANGE I GO TO,( IF YOU READ THIS, LOOK FOR ME AT THE RANGE I LOST YOUR NUMBER)AND HE LET ME SHOOT HIS GUN NEXT TO MINE AND WHAT A HUGH DIFFERANCE THE WORK MADE.

I CALLED AND TALKED TO BEVEN AND HE COULD NOT HAVE BEEN NICER. HE TREATED ME LIKE I WAS A TOP SHOOTER AND NOT JUST A BEGINNER,SO I SHIPPED MY GUN OFF TO HIM TO LET THE WORK BEGIN.

WHAT BEVEN HAS DONE TO MY GUN IS UNBELIEVABLE, AND HE ALSO EXPLAINED WHY WHAT HE HAS DONE MAKES SUCH A DIFFERANCE.

MY GUN NOW CYCLES BETTER AND FASTER, HAS LESS RECOIL,CAN BE HAND LOADED FASTER & EASIER.

IT IS NICE TO MEET SOMEONE THAT WILL TAKE THE TIME TO TEACH A PERSON AS WELL AS TREAT THEM LIKE BIG NAME SHOOTER.

HIS PRICES ARE GOOD AND SO IS HIS WORD ON WHEN IT WILL BE DONE.

I HAVE SINCE FOUND OUT THAT SEVERAL TOP SHOOTERS IN THE WORLD ARE HAVING HIM WORK ON THEIR GUNS.( I MAY NOT SHOOT WELL BUT MY GUN IS THE SAME AS THE TOP SHOOTERS)

IF ANYONE IS LOOKING FOR A KILLER SHOTGUN FOR 3 GUN THEN THIS IS THE MAN TO TALK TO.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT MY GUN JUST E-MAIL AND I'LL BE HAPPY TO RANT AND RAVE SOME MORE.

Grim,

Thanks for the report. Beven has a solid reputation with competition shooters. Sounds like, for good reason.

(Could you unlock the CAPS LOCK KEY? That makes it hard for people to read the post, and is considered shooting online.) ;)

Flex-

Cap lock is now off.I just got soooo excited about my new gun I had to shout.Like my wife said, I'm like a little kid at Christmas.I can't say enough about how I was treated and how good my gun now runs.I highly recommend the work he does especially if you want to be at the top of your game and not slowing down because of your equipment.

Hicap-

here goes-BEVEN took about 2 oz from the bolt,making it cycle faster,smoother & with less recoil.He welded & reshaped the lift gate so now my thumb doesn't get caught. He machined the bolt so it can be loaded even if the gun is not completely in battery. He fixed the loading port for faster & easier loading. He also ported the barrel and did a trigger job. The gun runs super fast (.12-.13 splits with out puking),points great an has hardly any felt recoil. You have to shoot a gun that Beven has done then shoot one that doesn't have his mods to really see and feel the differance.

I'll let Grim describe the work to his gun, but I can tell you that I spoke to Beven recently and am in line to have my Benelli worked over. Stage I work was basically reshaping and smoothing the entry into the tubular magazine and the catch that holds the rounds in the mag. Stage II work was welding an extension on the loading gate so you don't keep killing your thumb all the time with vigorous reloads. Stage III work was lightening the bolt and smoothing the action, basic reliability juju. I'll let you know what the final product shoots like when I get it. I agree that Beven is definitely very knowlegable, and seems like an all around good guy.

I met Beven at the SMM3G match and tried out his "special" Benelli. I'd have to agree that he did a very nice job altering the loading gate, shell retainer catch & re-timed the bolt. Tried some loading there (with dummies, of course) and it did feel much, much better then my well used M1S90. What I didn't like was the huge add on bolt release button because it gets in the way of bolt racking with my weak hand, personally preference, I guess. Price wise, if it is important to have these mods, then it would be worth the $. (P.S - A little sport tape on my thumb solved the "benelli thumb" problem, even with the most vigorous weak hand loading that I could managed myself to do during practice.)