Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Interesed in buying 625-8

mikeone

Im interested in starting to shoot revolvers. What is is good price on a 625-8. I have seen so broad of a price range

from $675 to $900. Iwant to stick with 45 as I have dies and lots of brass.

any help much appreciated.

Mike Pease

Im interested in starting to shoot revolvers. What is is good price on a 625-8. I have seen so broad of a price range

from $675 to $900. Iwant to stick with 45 as I have dies and lots of brass.

any help much appreciated.

Mike Pease

PM sent

I payed 589.99 plus tax at the Sportsman's Warehouse 1-2 months ago. I can't imagine they would be much higher now. The larger chain stores (Cabela's, etc.) buy them in greater numbers and get good pricing that can be passed down to you. I think between $600.00 - $650.00 is a fair price if new.

If you are not in a big hurry just watch www.gunbroker.com and a sweet deal will come by. I just picked up a brand new in the box 625-8 with a 5" barrel for $516.00 and $25.00 shipping. Now I have a back-up for my 625 PC, I just need to start working on the trigger and get a few kinks out of her and she will be good to go.

I have not and WILL not pay over 500 bucks for a gun I'm going to butcher up to make race ready for USPSA/ICORE/IDPA !!!!!

Of the guns I have set up most have been in the 4-500 range. I have one I paid 500 for..........but I'm cheap and don't mind waiting to find the right one!!!! ;)

Hopalong

I have not and WILL not pay over 500 bucks for a gun I'm going to butcher up to make race ready for USPSA/ICORE/IDPA !!!!!

Of the guns I have set up most have been in the 4-500 range. I have one I paid 500 for..........but I'm cheap and don't mind waiting to find the right one!!!! ;)

Hopalong

Now Hop, why would "Tuning" a Revo for competition be considered "Butchering". As long as I hadn't got my hands on it!

The stress we put on'em "IN" competition can definitely do damage. The last course of this weekends club match found my cylinder only turning half the time. Only the 2nd time I've NOT been able to finish a course. The pivot pin on the hand snapped off, had the same thing happen on my M29 when I was using it too. I had a spare and had it running again before leaving the range. Hope it's not something I'm doing wrong.

Guess it's better now than in Tulsa.

The pivot pin on the hand snapped off, had the same thing happen on my M29 when I was using it too. I had a spare and had it running again before leaving the range. Hope it's not something I'm doing wrong.

I've had this exact type of breakage happen twice on my 25-2, naturally both times were during matches. :(

Still, our revolvers are remarkably reliable, compared to the other divisions.

The prices on 625s are steadily rising. Dealer price on a new 625-8 is right at $600 from most of the distributors right now. I paid $450 apiece for both of my 625s I shoot in competition, but those guns were purchased a couple years ago. When I found another 625-6 (my personal favorite variation) recently for $525, I grabbed it.