Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Ipsc Target.

dpeters8445

There is no such thing as a "Standard" IPSC paper target, but I presume you mean the IPSC Metric Target (with the upper B zone), and not the IPSC Classic Target.

The IPSC Metric Target was, by definition, created with metric measurements, so I doubt you'll find a version depicting Imperial measurements.

Diagrams of all official targets are available on the IPSC website.

Vince you are correct. I saw the dual measurements for the poppers and the plates and assumed incorrectly that the targets were the same. Upon closer inspection the measurements are metric only.

No sweat Brian.

In fact, we discussed the whole metric/imperial thing in the rules committee recently and we unanimously decided (i.e. the US delegates also), to recommend going purely Metric for all measurements throughout the next rulebook.

The only exception would be the power factor formula. This is because most bullets are still sold in grains (not grams), and using MPS instead of FPS would require a crazy number to replace the 1,000 denominator.

Of course we could've dropped the denominator altogether and described 125PF as 125,000PF, but we figured we'll get enough grief from some quarters just by going metric!

You could always pick up a yard/meter stick for a few bucks at your local home improvement store.

Another way is to just ask for a target at your next match. I'm sure you could get a "slightly used" target quite easily. I always offer our shot up targets to anyone who wants them for practice at the end of a match.