Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

tripp research magazines

Pdoyle

I am a LEO, and we have just issued 1911( springfield trophy match) to cadets and beginning to filter in to officers for department of about 200. I am looking at standardizing our magazine, for this gun. I have contacted Wilson and Tripp Reaearch. I use Tripps for 1911 work, but not enough to make this call. Any information on durability and use of Tripps mags in 45 caliber would be greatly appreciated.

Pat

Pat,

I have many tripp and wilson mags for my 45's. Tripp are more durable overall. I have not had one tripp mag yet cause an overinsertion, I'vd had 4 wilsons that have done it in the past two years. I've had my tripps for about 3 years now, the feed lips have not gone out of factory spec.

Robbie

I am a LEO, and we have just issued 1911( springfield trophy match) to cadets and beginning to filter in to officers for department of about 200. I am looking at standardizing our magazine, for this gun. I have contacted Wilson and Tripp Reaearch. I use Tripps for 1911 work, but not enough to make this call. Any information on durability and use of Tripps mags in 45 caliber would be greatly appreciated.

Pat

Off topic a little, but damn sure is nice to here about a dept. who issues 1911. Most PD's seem afraid of 'em.

Sorry I can't be more help I've only used Wilson and Chip Mc. mags.

As far as duty mags go, I carried a COLT 1911 for a decade and

used the same Wilson 47Ds the whole time.

I used only 7 rounders then as they didn't have the 8s. Back in the car I had a bag full of CMCs or ?? but those 47Ds were 100% with any JHPs I tried. Only 22 rounds you say?

I had just come from a S&W revolver with 18 rounds and SLOW reloads.

Edited by Mick