Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P guide rod and recoil sprng

Newbe calling;

1) what is the factory spring weight?(9mm)

2)I use +P+ ammo for carry but Winchester white box for IDPA,would it be a good idea to use a heavier spring for the +P+ ammo? What weight spring?

3) If so how do you remove the spring from the rod or would it be wise just to get an additional rod and spring and change the whole thing when I compete?

If I'm not mistaken the factory spring weight is 10. I just ordered a guide rod and 2 springs (#11 & #13) for use in USPSA. I do not shoot the +P+ ammo so I can't give advice here but if I were you I would buy another (un-captured) guide rod so the transition will be easier to keep track of.

I put in a 13 lb glock spring for use in USPSA (minor of course) My M&P had a small hex nut on the end od the giude rod, allowing me to change the spring. The earlier models did not allow this.

Stock is 16-18 and mine runs great with a 13 and doesnt run with a 11.

I would use a 13-15 with +P

You can use a Glock "uncaptured" guide rod and ISMI flat wound Glock springs for the best results

Edited by BSeevers

You can use a Glock "uncaptured" guide rod and ISMI flat wound Glock springs for the best results

Listen to Bill, he knows, although I've never seen him shoot his M&P???? Must be unable to see the target without that red dot. :lol:

I bought a G17 uncaptured guide rod from Lightning strike for my M&P40 and it was too thick for the flat ISMI springs to go on. I guess its only good for Wolff Glock springs, (which are round wire, right?)

I bought a G17 uncaptured guide rod from Lightning strike for my M&P40 and it was too thick for the flat ISMI springs to go on. I guess its only good for Wolff Glock springs, (which are round wire, right?)

Wolff sells springs and a guide rod for the M&P. I run the rod with a 15# spring in my 40.

Regards,

Listen to Bill, he knows, although I've never seen him shoot his M&P???? Must be unable to see the target without that red dot. :lol:

What do I know I just stayed in a Holiday Inn Express

Speaking of iron sights did you see last months Miami R&P? :o I was going to shoot the M&P but reloading would have required some dryfiring practice. Maybe this month? :devil:

What do I know I just stayed in a Holiday Inn Express

Speaking of iron sights did you see last months Miami R&P? :o I was going to shoot the M&P but reloading would have required some dryfiring practice. Maybe this month? :devil:

I talked with Ray about the scores but Brian has been out of town. Haven't heard anything recently.