Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Buying used

moverton

The post count restriction is more to keep people that are not forum regulars/contributors from selling items and using the site as big classifieds section.

Anyone can browse and buy. ;)

There are plenty of sections on the forum that relate to many generic topics like Likes/Hates/Movies/Pictures etc., if one wished to increase their post count and not even mention shooting once, if one was so inclined.

Besides, their are plenty of people (myself included) who have "removed all doubt" many times over, but it sure doesn't slow them down from posting prolifically anyway. :P

I think you will find as most of us have that the regular posters here are great people. I have bought and sold several guns and other items and never had a problem. I have even received some items before the seller could have gotten my payment in the mail.

All,

After joining I went over to the USPSA website and looked at the Bedell. I tried to find a webpage and was unable however it looks like shooters connection sells them. Does he not have a website and can you only buy from shooters connection. Is there anyway to contact him?

Edited by moverton

Shooters Connection is listed in the dealers section in this forum, scroll down to his add and click on his banner. Good company for all your needs with excelent service. You will also find Benny Hill, Brazos and Dawson there.-----------Larry

As an example, I purchased a Glock 21 with tasteful modifications on Wednesday from a BE Forum member - absolutely great deal. The BE classifieds are an outstanding benefit of this forum for sellers and buyers.

I have three limited guns in the safe from the two above mentioned forums including one of Zhunters. I have never been screwed and think it speaks to the quality of folks on the forum.

All,

How difficult is it to find a used limited custom guns? Maybe a limited gun made by Benny Hill, Brazos, or Dawson. Where would be the best place to look for a used gun like this. Any help is appreciated.

I was in this exact position. I wanted to move to limited after shooting production. I wanted a limited gun and looked at all the different limited guns by all the great Smith’s that are on this site. It really helped me when I decided on what type of limited gun I wanted. In my case I wanted a Sight Tracker style gun. I started to research this style gun. My second decision was who was going to build the gun. After doing more research here on the B E forum I came to the conclusion that I wanted a Bedell Lightning. There was only one thing standing in the way to the move to limited and that was build time, at the time the wait was 8 months. So I did some more research here on the pros and cons of new vs. used and decided that I would wait and see if I could find a used Bedell Lightning. After a couple of weeks of checking the classifieds I found exactly what I was looking for. The gun I bought has run flawless and I have not had any regrets about buying used.

Hmmm...I've never actually bought a NEW pistol. Now that I mention it, I think I should change that. Ha Ha. I've bought 3 guns, two limited and one open, off either this forum or the USPSA classifieds. They have all been as advertized and have run great. The last one was a practically new SV sight tracker that I saved 600 bucks on by buying it used. I think the people you will find here are pretty safe to buy from. Don't worry about getting screwed. Every one here wants to contribute and see the sport grow, etc. Good luck.